Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Game only runs in 3x speed

by SassiLane

Original Post

★★★ Novice

My maid has left, but it's still doing it. Applied "fixes" after he left and it's still doing it

Message 41 of 338 (2,837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Copying my post from the other thread. 

Same thing here. This happened after the winter fest holiday popped up. 

At the time

1. I had just had a holiday notification

2. I had a maid on the lot.

3. I had two children at school. 

there was also a sim asleep at the time. (There were also other sims on the lot with him and they were awake)

Edit: So I woke up the sim and the speed issue fixed itself. Set him asleep and it went superspeed again. The sim being asleep seemed to cause it also. 

I notice some here have had it happen after a phone call. I didn’t have a call but it happened after the winterfest holiday notification popped up. A few people in the other thread on this said the same thing that holiday notifications caused theirs. I had children at school when the notification appeared and a sim asleep - both things that will super speed time if there’s no one else there. 

So for me It appears that a holiday notification instigated this issue, then the maid, children at school or a sim asleep even when other sims from the households are on the lot with them and awake caused  the time to glitch.

Message 42 of 338 (2,819 Views)

Re: Sims 4 ultra speed (fast forward) stuck

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same thing with me, everytime my sims try to do something it just fast forwards. I honestly don't understand why. I hope they fix this soon.

Mine happens whenever my sims do anything and i mean anything.

1 clean

2 sleep

3 walk around from place to place

4 talking to other sims.

currently i have a four family member house hold with a dog and a pregnant wife. I don't know if any of this could cause it. Yes i also have a bunch of cc but it seems like its effecting everyone even base game players. is there anyway to remove the update? maybe that would help us for now till they fix everything.

Message 43 of 338 (2,816 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game randomly speeds up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Happens for me only when my sim.is asleep. It auto 3x speed but i always change it back to normal but i have to click back to normal twice to get it to stay. Its random when it happens. But example is sleep, auto 3x speed, i click normal, auto 3x speed, then i click normal again and it sticks... occasionally it will 3x speed as well when another sim is home when my sim goes to bed when logically it shouldn't as theres another sim active.. doing something like showering or eating but that doesn't stay in 3x speed if i reclick normal. Only have the issue with bedtime.

Message 44 of 338 (2,786 Views)

Re: Game only runs in 3x speed

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrictI have the 3x speed problem frequently in my games - it happens when paused, when at regular speed one, and at medium speed two, will jump to speed three on its own. When I manually set it back to a lower speed it will automatically change to speed 3 again. I am not making any changes to the lot or sims - happens within a few minutes of starting the game (even if I just let my Sims do their own thing). It seems that scripting events may be part of the problem since the spped jump to 3 seems to happen during interactions with objects or more advanced Sim-to-Sim interactions.

Message 45 of 338 (2,772 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is still happening to meFrown I have no mods/cc and the game is unplayable.

Message 46 of 338 (2,763 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

POSSIBLE FIX

after many attempts I was able to FIX it with a workaround!

i tried

1) repairing,

2) save as, 

3) clearing cache, and

4) ultimately what worked was moving one of my sims that wasn't at work/school to another lot on the map, which slowed the time back to normal speed. then i cancelled the the maid service (this bug started for me when i hired a maid today). once i did this i returned back to the home lot, everything was back to normal.

i would start trying 4, and if that doesn't work experiment with 1-3 in combination with 4.

Message 47 of 338 (2,750 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem here. The bug started today. Yesterday everything was working properly and I didn't change anything since then... I deleted all mods and the bug stills going on. I tried to repair the game 3x but it didn't help as well.

Message 48 of 338 (2,726 Views)

★ Novice
I’m having this issue as well.

It seems to occur under a few possible circumstances:
-one sim stays at home and the other goes to work; it jumps into Ultra speed with the inability to stay paused. I didn’t notice this with sims at school, but I can test for it
-I suspect it might also be tied to the maid service. All sims were home, I got the Ultra speed when the maid came and it stopped when he left. I need to test this further to be sure.

*I have all DLC content and the latest update
*My game is also heavily modded, which I can test around that as well.
Message 49 of 338 (2,704 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this issue, it has started after the last patch.

Message 50 of 338 (2,698 Views)