Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Game only runs in 3x speed

by DaWaterRat

Original Post

★ Guide

There's another thread discussing the same problem.

In my save, at least, it appears to happen when one (or more) members of the household are in a rabbit hole (work/school) and a sim who is home gets a phone call.

So if that is the trigger, a new save, or a save where the sim doesn't have a large network of friends/family may not display this problem.  I didn't have this problem in my Patch Day save (where I play without mods) but I have a small family with few outside contacts (and I only play it for a few sim-days while waiting for the all clear for mods.)

Message 31 of 338 (3,999 Views)

Re: Sims 4 ultra speed (fast forward) stuck

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm getting the same problem. The game is automatically fast forwarding when I pressed play. Maybe it is because of the new update. I don't have any mods.

Message 32 of 338 (4,005 Views)

Hero
@hiddlestoner666 Merged your thread with existing report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 338 (3,956 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me too and I just updated my game. 

Message 34 of 338 (3,937 Views)

Hero

Thanks all for the reports.

QA is looking into this: https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/1205310868994396162

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 338 (3,915 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi. This is happening to me too as we speak. I was able to get it to stop for like 20 minutes by just messing around with the game options but it started doing it again so... probably has to do with the new update.

Message 36 of 338 (3,858 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game randomly speeds up

★★★ Novice

Yea having same issue - I have children no children but 1 teen on the lot, I have a maid, but he's left now and it's still happening. No one's in a rabbit hole.

Message 37 of 338 (3,830 Views)

★★★ Novice

Do you know if EA will take this seriously and fix? My game is unplayable at the moment Frown

I've tried some of the suggestions (repair, move the save etc.) it's just the same. A game re-load seems to fix it for about 15mins and then it's back.

Message 38 of 338 (3,808 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@hosttar : As per crinrict's post a little ways up, they're aware of and investigating it.
Message 39 of 338 (3,799 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if I have a maid at that time?

Message 40 of 338 (3,769 Views)