Re: Sims 4 ultra speed (fast forward) stuck

by LunaAmbrosia

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Game only runs in 3x speed

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

having this issue today as well immediately after updating. For me what sets it off is someone going to school/work. Once they leave ultra speed is kicked off (as if would be if no household members were present at the house) and it reverts every time one second after changing it to 1x or 2x speed. It makes gameplay impossible. I do not have MCCC.

Message 21 of 338 (6,548 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Game only runs in 3x speed

★★★★ Novice
@SandyAmandie do you have a maid?
Message 22 of 338 (6,536 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having this problem as well. At first the game would randomly fast forward, but would stop when I'd hit the Play button. Just now, the game is continuously fast forwarding, even after I hit Play or even the Pause buttons (the game will pause for a second or so and then resume fast forwarding). I had to go into build mode to actually pause the game to check on this glitch. 

Message 23 of 338 (6,621 Views)

★ Novice
@hiddlestoner666 Yep same here.
Message 24 of 338 (6,614 Views)

★ Novice
@hiddlestoner666 i'm having the same issue. only mod i have in my game is mc command center. i removed it, repaired the game, and re-downloaded mccc to try to solve it but nothing has helped. Some one on reddit noted that it's perhaps happening between 10am and 3pm in the game. https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/e9t9kc/i_need_help/famsa6t?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
Message 25 of 338 (6,607 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same problem. the game begins to just randomly fast forward every 15 seconds and its never done that before until today (which is the same day as update 12/12/19)

Message 26 of 338 (6,597 Views)

★ Guide

I had the same issue happen twice, but a couple of other details I noticed

1) at least one member of the house was at work or school

2) it appeared to be triggered by a phone call to someone that was home at the time.  Kinda an inverse of the game's fast forward stopping if no one is home and your sim gets a call.

Message 27 of 338 (6,581 Views)

★★ Novice
@hiddlestoner666 Me too! It's happened MULTIPLE tiems to me today. It usually happens when one of my sims exits a lot, and everytime the rest of my sims attempt to complete an action, it speeds up each time.
Message 28 of 338 (6,570 Views)

★★★ Novice
@DaWaterRat I think you're right about the being at work or school part. I had two sims at work 3 sims at home and it kept automatically switching to 3x speed every few seconds. I hope they find a fix soon.
Message 29 of 338 (6,561 Views)

Re: Game only runs in 3x speed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue since latest update / patch.

The timer randomly jumps to 3x speed and when clicking pause or play it jumps back to 3x speed within a few seconds.

To me it doesn't seem like something specific triggers it. Been playing 6+ hours tonight, whenever it happened I spam clicked the play and pause buttons, that worked one time to stop it from jumping back to 3x speed. The other times I just saved and exit the game and after restarting the game the bug doesn't happen again for a little while. But it keeps happening when I'm playing longer, like an hour or so. 

I don't use any mods, just the base game. 

Just telling this to let you guys know multiple people are experiencing this bug. 

Message 30 of 338 (6,541 Views)