Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Game randomly speeds up

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs except vampires, stuff packs: vintage glamour, laundry day, movie hangout, perfect patio, moschino, bowling
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure how to replicate. But it started happening after I spent a few simhours running the game on 3x speed (as far as i noticed).
What happens when the bug occurs? My game only runs on a 3x speed. When I try to pause, it pauses for a few seconds, then goes back to 3x speed. Also when I try to let the game run on normal speed, after a few seconds it goes back to 3x speed.
What do you expect to see? Being able to pause my game, or let it run at a normal speed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated my game today, December 12th 2019. Patch 1.59.73.1020.

I already closed my game, repaired it and restarted. But when I loaded up the game, I was still unable to pause my game, or let it run on normal speed.

I don't know what I did to cause this issue, because I have trouble recreating it in another save file. 

Message 1 of 338 (36,606 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORKAROUND] Game randomly speeds up

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue in which the game would jump to Ultra Speed randomly when some Service NPC, specifically Maids, were on the Lot. Talk about speed cleaning!

Fixed in Patch 1.60.54

If you still have issues with random game speed-ups, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 338 of 338 (8,758 Views)

All Replies

Re: Game only runs in 3x speed

[ Edited ]
Hero

@juliabam123 Does it also happen on a new save game (for testing) ?

Did you add or delete any objects while in triple speed ?

Some info found on this

• Possibly relation to Maid/Gardener/Other ServiceNPCs
  • Possibly relation to Kids/Teens going to school

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 338 (36,502 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict I may have sold a collectable poster from my sims' inventory while on 3x speed, but I am not sure if that actually was in 3x speed. 

I will test a new save right now!

Message 3 of 338 (36,497 Views)

Hero
@juliabam123 If it works on that new save, can you send me your borked one ? I won't have time to check it before the weekend.

Also try a backup if you have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 338 (36,492 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict I was not able to replicate it in a new save. I moved my new sim into the same appartment, collected a poster and sold it from my inventory while on triple speed. But the game continued normally. Here is the save where the issue did occur:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al0PCzQVDyc8bgwVmOLrwwn0PMw?e=iqNR2I

Thanks for your help!

Message 5 of 338 (36,464 Views)

★ Novice

Does your new save run normal? Having the same issue

Message 6 of 338 (36,447 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. I even tried a previous save as well as another saved game and the issue still happened.

Message 7 of 338 (36,427 Views)

★ Guide

@chrisponefive my new save ran fine, for the time that I tested it, which was only about 5-10 minutes.

Message 8 of 338 (36,402 Views)

Hero
@chrisponefive and @cmtill

Are you guys also willing to upload your saves ?

Do you remember having done anything special in the game ? Deleting stuff from the household ?

There was a weird issue with the deleting the hamster cage that caused the pause button to not work anymore that's why I'm asking (don't think it's that anymore but it could be down the same line)

@juliabam123 I tested your save real quick and was able to see it jump back to 3 once but then after doing some stuff it went back to normal.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 338 (36,396 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue on a Mac (running Mojave) but mine started from the moment I loaded up the save after updating. 

Message 10 of 338 (36,354 Views)