[FIXED] Game creating tons empty households/Save game bloat/Insane Lag

by JamJamsArt

Original Post

Re: Loads of empty households

EA Sims Team
@moxiegraphix Yes, your save file may be helpful for the team.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 401 of 413 (1,000 Views)

★ Apprentice

600, is a lot. Im glad whatever they have done dropped the number of households significantly.

Message 402 of 413 (971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Please help us asap, I still cant play my game and its lowkey killing me. I miss sims 

Message 403 of 413 (934 Views)

★ Guide

@SimQARobo 

I want to provide a little extra feedback for the team. I have a base game file I set up so I don't have to keep setting up my game. Other saves created off that file do not have the foxes issue at all. HOWEVER, in this save, the active lot I was playing on had 'wild foxes' set as a challenge (I forgot to remove it because this lot was not being used for farming). Five days into the save, playing that particular lot, is when I started noticing hundreds (600!!!!!!!!!) foxes. Since removing the 'wild foxes' lot trait, and deleting ALL the foxes (which was so very, very tedious because there were 600 of them) not a single one has spawned over 24 sim hours later. 

I'm adding a link to download the save prior to deleting the foxes if you feel like it might be helpful. Note to anyone who might be tempted to download it and see alllll the foxes, I use a lot of mods and CC so be prepared to be told items can't be found.

All The Foxes Save 

Message 404 of 413 (861 Views)

EA Sims Team
@moxiegraphix Thank you! Do you see the issue with the 'wild foxes' lot trait when your Mods folder is completely empty?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 405 of 413 (858 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SimQARobo I have not tried that yet. Let me empty it out and start a new game and see what happens. I'll get back to you!

I removed my mods and cleared the cache files. Without mods, the problem did not occur. I had five foxes for several game days. I even moved to the one empty 50x40 lot mentioned earlier in the thread and it stayed the same. So I put my mod folder back in and within a few minutes of playing 190 foxes were generated. I wish I was joking that it was only a few minutes. I put the game on fast forward for about three minutes. My next step is going to be to 50/50 my mod folder and see if I can't narrow down the mod contributing. I'm happy to troubleshoot this so we can inform the mod author of what's happening so they can, hopefully, fix it.

I narrowed it down to the Townie Overhaul Less Fame mod (but read on to see what was going on, it ends up being okay). I suspected at first that it was the "no hidden foxes" part of the mod. With ONLY that in, more foxes than usual generated but not hundreds. I also noticed that the foxes were not visiting the lot at ALL. When I put the rest of the modules in, my fox generation went wild again. But there's some great news, I realized there was an update so I updated it.

SO, it needed updating. With the mod updated, not only did the fox generation stop, they started visiting my lot again. I could have SWORN I updated it but, I looked at the dates on my files and I hadn't. I'm one of those people who usually stays on top of mod updates because I mod so extensively. 

I also tested it with all my mods back in and everything seems to be working okay. I'm glad I tested it. I assumed it might not be a mod problem based on alllll the reports that said they had taken their mods out. That's what I get for assuming. But I'm glad I figured it out because it might help someone else.

For anyone using the Townie Overhaul Less Fame mod and are having issues with rampant foxes, update it.

(merged topics) - Atic 

Message 406 of 413 (856 Views)

★★ Guide
@moxiegraphix It’s great that your game seems to be working again after updating that mod! Unfortunately for me mods weren’t the issue, and I’ve never had the mod you updated. I removed my mods, let my game create a whole new game folder, and did a repair. After doing all that, I was still seeing the issue playing in the new world. It’s odd in my game because it was only affecting some of my saves, even if I used the same lots.
Message 407 of 413 (777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I use the LessFame in my modded game since release CL. I never had the issue with XXX blank household, but I only use her NoAlien-module. (I like townies, but I think the game create to many aliens in HF!) I think ever mod which change the creation of townies can trigger this bug if they not correct updated. (I don’t say this bug doesn’t exist in a vanilla game, I only think is harder to trigger it there)

I think a vanilla save is here gold worth, but most report came from user which used mods. This makes it very hard to recreate this bug and to create a bugfix. (Is the same as with multiple Agnes&Agatha, which MCCC Career-module aggressive give/gave jobs(pension) to the two NPC)

If I play my Vanilla household in HF. I have exactly this number for 1 Week: 3-6 Aliens, 4-6 foxes(If i use Wildfoxes, without only 1-3), and 2-8 new townies(barfly). I don’t use the festival there because of the two bugs which the festival ther trigger: Rocket , Firework (Maybe that is too a trigger?)

Message 408 of 413 (731 Views)

★ Guide
@SimQARobo Thank you for the update. I'm happy to see that it's being worked on! Standard smile
Message 409 of 413 (727 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I tried to play in the CL world again today on a new save with a scenario, it worked fine for a few sim hours then the insane unplayable lag was back. Checked the households and sure enough loads of generated households with no images and crazy loading screen times.
Thankfully I had predicted this and went back to a precious save file, I put the CL house in Brindleton Bay (made sure to remove any wild rabbit or bird homes and that the foxes lot trait wasn’t there), and so far this is working ok. 
Best work around I have found to play with parts of CL (cows, chickens & simple living lot trait work fine) is to avoid the CL world completely (which absolutely sucks and was the main reason I wanted the pack to begin with), but at least *some* features are still playable then.

I play on PC and do use mods and cc (although I don’t use Townie Overhaul Less Fame mod mentioned above).

Message 410 of 413 (617 Views)