[FIXED] Game creating tons empty households/Save game bloat/Insane Lag

by JamJamsArt

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game creating tons empty households/Save game bloat/Insane L

★ Apprentice

It surprises me this bug is still an issue :/ , this is what month 3 going on 4?  I would really like to play cottage living

I uninstalled cottage living and haven't had any further issues, actually this bug was one of the reasons i started modding, I've got about 170 npc sims and the game hardly ever creates more, with a total sim pop of 812, including 324 ghosts.

Message 391 of 413 (1,228 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game creating tons empty households/Save game bloat/Insane L

★★★★★ Novice
@pollyxpolly230 Yes, I totally agree on that one. It's such a pain having to deal with these issues still. EA where are all your programmers? Why do you keep letting us down and alone on this major issue? I wasn't even able to enjoy Cottage living at all? Why does it have to take years to help us? I'm so dissapointed and mad, I spend so muc money on my games and now I can't play at all
Message 392 of 413 (1,143 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game creating tons empty households/Save game bloat/Insane Lag

★ Apprentice

@ceunon20 wrote:

I have the same issue 100%.

But I noticed something about this...

These are not empty houlseholds at all.

The game is creating too many familiess and the system cannot load all of them, so they appears as blank. 

A reason for this is because The Sims 4 generates a Sim for each situation...vendor, bartenders and even Bonehilda...and all generated Sims creates a new houlsehold. 

So more you visit lots with different kinds of Sims or be in situations where they can me summoned, more Sims will be in your "ingame library".

The problem is that the game doesn't keep the same Sims for each situation, so it keeps generating Sims.

If you go to a park and there is a stall with a vendor, it generates a Sim...if you go another day in the same stall at the park, the game creates a whole new Sim for the same job.

What the logic behind all of this?

I don't know... 

The logic behind that is the npc sims follow job hours, and will switch out for different shifts. The blank household are empty in some cases, and others have found that the households are filled with distorted foxes. And i would assume, foxes and maybe the other animals get households just like stray pets do. Only the creation of those household's isn't working properly. 

When i was running cottage living it always seemed to create the same number of households, on repeat betaeen the sim hours of 10pm to about 10am.

Message 393 of 413 (1,045 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@pollyxpolly230 wrote:

@ceunon20 wrote:

I have the same issue 100%.

But I noticed something about this...

These are not empty houlseholds at all.

The game is creating too many familiess and the system cannot load all of them, so they appears as blank. 

A reason for this is because The Sims 4 generates a Sim for each situation...vendor, bartenders and even Bonehilda...and all generated Sims creates a new houlsehold. 

So more you visit lots with different kinds of Sims or be in situations where they can me summoned, more Sims will be in your "ingame library".

The problem is that the game doesn't keep the same Sims for each situation, so it keeps generating Sims.

If you go to a park and there is a stall with a vendor, it generates a Sim...if you go another day in the same stall at the park, the game creates a whole new Sim for the same job.

What the logic behind all of this?

I don't know... 

The logic behind that is the npc sims follow job hours, and will switch out for different shifts. The blank household are empty in some cases, and others have found that the households are filled with distorted foxes. And i would assume, foxes and maybe the other animals get households just like stray pets do. Only the creation of those household's isn't working properly. 

When i was running cottage living it always seemed to create the same number of households, on repeat betaeen the sim hours of 10pm to about 10am.

I do understand the logic, but doesn't work on practice.

Sims mostly have 3/4 shifts during the 24h time, and the stalls/posts should be filled just with 4 of them but it's not happening. The game creates more and more, like 11 or 20 Sims for that same specific stall. 

This is bad!

I have 8 versions of Bonehilda in my game, because I summoned her on this amount with different households.

One of the Bonehildas even MOVED to a empity house, with a spouse and kids.

I'm not using mods or stuff, this just happened.

Cottage Living ir running smoothly for me because of my PC specs, but the bloat of Sims is starting to cause lag. Disappointed

Message 394 of 413 (1,034 Views)

★ Guide
@ceunon20 I have a beast of a gaming PC. I can't play for more than 2 Sims days in the Cottage Living world without it becoming near unplayable. Once the bug really kicks off, specs won't save anyone 😬
Message 395 of 413 (1,008 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, and yet nobody can help us

Message 396 of 413 (883 Views)

Re: Loads of empty households

★★★★★ Novice
@SimQARobo After all this trouble I'm starting to think we deserve a compensation. It has been well over four months since we purchased a broken product - one that pretty much breaks the entire game - and it still isn't fixed. This is not what I gave €40 for. EA needs to make this their top priority, even if it means postponing further dlc releases, to fix this or give us a refund or other compensation of some kind, in my opinion. This is not okay.
Message 397 of 413 (868 Views)

★ Guide

This hasn't caused lag in my game (or no NEW lag at least but my game runs very smoothly considering). However, I started counting the fox households and I stopped at 100 even though there are MANY MANY MANY more to go. I'm deleting them now but this really is ridiculous. 

Message 398 of 413 (862 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello @crvwolf 

The team is working on a fix for this for an upcoming patch, as mentioned on this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Laundry-List-November-16th/m-p/10974530

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 399 of 413 (2,372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SimQARobo wrote:

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello @crvwolf 

The team is working on a fix for this for an upcoming patch, as mentioned on this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Laundry-List-November-16th/m-p/10974530

This is SO MUCH WORSE than I imagined at first. This isn't even an accurate total, I deleted 10 before I got the bright idea to move them into active households to see how many there were (and I was paranoid I might accidentally delete a real household). This is 598 fox households. Five hundred and ninety-eight. So that means before I deleted those ten, I had over 600 foxes in my save. I've attached a screenshot.

Does the EA team want a save file? I can send a save file if they want it. I've made a save at this point for that purpose. My next step after deleting all of these is going to be to go through and remove the 'wild foxes' trait from any lots that have it and see if the issue starts resolving as I continue play.

Message 400 of 413 (837 Views)