Re: Can’t enter households

by 83bienchen

Original Post

Re: Game creating tons empty households

★ Guide

@Kita5399 @That is interesting because I couldn’t even get the delivery guy to show up.  And it seems to block me from ordering groceries ever again.  I don’t chance it anymore.  I make my sims go to the grocery lady.

getting the same exception errors too.

Message 41 of 413 (1,805 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game creating tons empty households

★★★★ Novice

My game has had this happening as well, Its nearly unplayable. I cant stand it. 
I've had all my mods updated, I have a year and a half old computer that runs Cyberpunk 77 fine- But Sims is lagging to a point that I cannot even play. It stutters non stop and I had literal thousands of empty houses in my game. Absolutely insane this is happening, I hope they release a fix soon. I want to play again : /

Message 42 of 413 (1,787 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game creating tons empty households

★★ Guide

I put the updated MCCC back in so I could delete the thousands of empty households, it worked but didn’t fix the lag or huge save file (bloat). I ended up trashing the save and restoring a backup copy I had on my desktop, so far so good (can’t find a trigger for this). I didn’t have much time to test, so I’ll check into it again tomorrow. It’s odd that I only had it in the one save, the other two I have played are fine (they all stem from the same save template I made). 

Message 43 of 413 (1,776 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Kita5399 I'm also playing on the empty 50x40 lot and had issues with inviting people over. They said they would be right there and then no one appears. 

Message 44 of 413 (1,749 Views)

★★ Guide
@DionysusDreams Yes that’s what I was seeing as well. Unfortunately I can’t reproduce this issue, even on a roll back of the same save. I do still think there might be a connection to that lot.
Message 45 of 413 (1,746 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've also noticed that I have the Wild Foxes trait on the 50x40 empty lot but I've never seen a wild fox on my lot. I made a new save and went onto another lot with wild foxes and I saw them there.

Message 46 of 413 (1,705 Views)

Can’t enter households

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, cats and dogs, celebrity, cottage living, island living, snowy mountains, city living, university, get together, seasons, djungle adventure, parenting, magic, spa day, strangerville, vampires, dine out, scary stuff pack,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to enter a household. It doesn’t work.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t enter any household. The screen just loads forever. I have taken out all my mods and repaired the game, it still doesn’t work.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to play with a household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This wasn’t a problem before the cottage living patch + new patch

That’s what the screen looks like

Message 47 of 413 (1,626 Views)

Hero
@axelinaaxelina Did you travel to any festival ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 413 (1,611 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict No, but the problem did start during a festival in the new town, but I never went there
Message 49 of 413 (1,572 Views)

★ Guide

Have you checked in the household manager whether there happen to be a ton of invisible households in your save?

My daughter had such a problem in one of her saves and the reason were about 1000 households without Sims in them. I believe it might be an issue with the Sim filters for the two Crumplebottom Sims. At least the issue didn't happen anymore after I added a file for them in my townieoverhaul mod (townieoverhaul_lessfame_crumplebottom). This also stopped my game from spawning multiple Crumplebottoms in the same save.

The changes I made to the code ( _SituationFilters_CottageWorld_NPC_AgnesCrumplebottom and _SituationFilters_CottageWorld_NPC_AgathaCrumplebottom) were the following ones:

- removing this part:

<V t="is_hidden">
      <U n="is_hidden">
        <T n="invert_score">True</T>
      </U>
    </V>

- adding this line:

<T n="repurpose_game_breaker">True</T>

Message 50 of 413 (1,563 Views)