[FIXED] Game Crashing when Placing Retails/Lots with mannequins

by generuler4

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Game Crashing when Placing Retails/Lots with mannequins

★★★ Novice

Hello. I am not exactly sure about that part. But I know you have to save the lot before exiting the game. So more than likely other items from that pack will be deleted. Sorry

Message 71 of 169 (1,076 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have not tried to place lots after. My game didn't start messing up until I actually place mannequins so I will wait until there is an actual fix

Message 72 of 169 (1,076 Views)

★ Apprentice
@AbigailMcQueen Hey, no worries, I just made a new save and didn't open the important saves. I managed to place all the lots so far and saved them to my gallery without the mannequins! I am relieved that at least I can use my lots, even though I will have to add the mannequins again after placing the lot. I hope EA comes with a fix soon though! Standard smile
Message 73 of 169 (1,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Well maybe then it's not the mannequins but something from the get to work pack. Because as I and a few other people mentioned that there are some builds with mannequins that can still be placed, but most of them still crash. So it might be some other object that is often usable for retail stores ... I don't know. I am just speculating here and trying to figure out the reason lol. 

Message 74 of 169 (1,072 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Excited, now i can finally give my fashionista  a working retail store in game. Amazing! At least this is a solution for now. Thank you for investigating and trying out! 🥰

Message 75 of 169 (1,056 Views)

★★★ Guide

I think this might be happening to me too now. KateEmerald released a new build, Iron man mansion, and it crashes with and without mods.

Message 76 of 169 (1,008 Views)

★ Apprentice

A streamer was going to show a lot I made that was based on a Mars Colony game. It crashed. their game. So I went through my saves and found the one that had that build. When I did I saved each room and then placed those rooms on a lot. I was already suspecting the Mannequins so as I placed the rooms I placed I saved the lot.  Then I went to place the lot I would see what worked. With one room with mannequins it not a problem. With the lot with the second room with mannequins I was asked "do you want to use the outfits in the save or some other ones or something to that effect. Either answer  didn't matter they both crashed the game. The outfits? Spacesuits and lab coats in this build.

Message 77 of 169 (968 Views)

★ Apprentice

This one has the Mannequins Crash bug!

Mars 6.3 b
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FCF810653FB711EA8388F5DD457991B2?category=lo...

This is the lot I remade before this thread was started last I checked the mannequins on it do not crash the game

Mars 5.0 crash test
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1448310D338B11EC8BAD2E638F0580EA?category=lo...

Message 78 of 169 (930 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@sakurawolffFar as I can tell, fresh builds with clothed mannequins placed after Cottage Living came out may be working fine (as well as lots with unclothed mannequins). Anything with clothed mannequins built before Cottage Living is breaking on placement. I'm having the same issue. Can't believe it still isn't fixed after four months.

Message 79 of 169 (869 Views)

★ Apprentice
@undiluted yes! It's a really long time... I think they are having a twich stream on Tuesday this week (26th of October), hopefully they will say something about that there, and hopefully they will fix it after that ...
Message 80 of 169 (842 Views)