Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] Game Crashing when Placing Retails/Lots with mannequins

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Game Crashing when Placing Retails

★★★★★ Apprentice

So this is the bug always causing my game to crash to desktop when trying to replace a Moschino Store... Is there a workaround or any fixes from modders?

Does EA even read the threads posted here? I have this problem and I need help! I can't replace a retail clothing lot from the gallery, because it crashes everytime my game. Found some modder names Ravasheen, but I can't access to his website Frown Does anybody have the file and can upload to Simfileshare or elsewhere? I get a 503 request error...

Message 161 of 169 (1,364 Views)

Re: Game Crashing when Placing Retails

★ Guide

@GreyWolfBozkurt i think the best way to get more attention to this bad crash is to vote on the “me too” button on the first page of this bug report, so the score reflects how many users are suffering right now.

The mod unfortunately doesn’t fix the mannequins, there is no fix out for it, Maxis has to fix it from their side Frown 
what the Mod does is temporarily disable the mannequin functionality, but you have to install it and then again remove it right after, it’s not useful for when you play like usual and get suprised with a crash on unexpected gallery lots that have a mannequin in it you didn’t know.. Frown I lost my game progress so many times, it’s so frustrating Frown

Unfortunately I don’t have the mod anymore, as it didn’t help me, is it not accessible on their page anymore?

Message 162 of 169 (1,352 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game Crashing when Placing Retails/Lots with mannequins

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@generuler4Still happening, today two out of four retail lots I tried to place from the gallery crashed, the ones that didn’t, didn’t have dressed mannequins

Message 163 of 169 (1,236 Views)

★★★ Guide
@sakurawolff One year later and still not fixed 😞
Message 164 of 169 (1,234 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah every time Maxis releases a bug fix list, I'm eagerly looking if it is finally mentioned, but still no actions :.( 

I'm so sad, Mannequins in people's gallery builds are such a beautiful feature that I'm missing a lot. Once this is hopefully fixed I'll make a whole street just with new clothing shops from the gallery and go all day shopping Standard smile Can't wait for that moment 😍

Message 165 of 169 (1,205 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Its in the laudrey list so fingers crossed for a fix

Message 166 of 169 (1,045 Views)

★ Guide

Yeahhhhhh I'm sooooo happy I could cry!!!! Thank you thank you EA!!!

And have a look at the reports that are in this bug report, as this crash also has a connected Error coming up when you have a mannequin successfully on the npc-owned retail lot, but a customer buys the clothing away, and you leave the lot in this state - this creates an error popup when you try to come back to that Sim. I posted exact repro steps in one of the answers here with lots of exception data and all, I hope it helps while fixing the mannequin bug Standard smile

Good luck and thank you again!!! Can't wait to finally play with fashion retail lots and go shopping!!!! 

Message 167 of 169 (1,009 Views)

★ Guide
I’ve had the mannequin crash issue for months now. It doesn’t strictly happen every time, but definitely 99% of the time. I once decided to place mannequins as a room to avoid the crash. I got a popup message saying the mannequins conflict, and if I’d like to place them as is or have the game select outfits. Selecting either option causes a last exception. So I removed all mods and started a fresh save. Same thing occurs. So it’s either a crash or a last exception for me.
Message 168 of 169 (970 Views)

Hero

We fixed three types of crashes:
o [PS4-only] One sometimes happened on PS4 when saving a Lot to My Library.
o One was related to graphics.
o And the peskiest one sometimes happened when placing a Retail Lot that had mannequins. Take that, crashes!

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.91

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 169 of 169 (6,482 Views)