Re: [OPEN] Game Crashing when Placing Retails/Lots with mannequins

by littlerustyscrew

Original Post

Re: Game crashing when trying to plop down lots with mannequins from gallery

Hero
@FosterthePandas I merged your post with the bug report on this issue. Please make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 121 of 169 (776 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I built a clothing store a few hours ago and uploaded it to the gallery. when I try to place the store in my game then my game crashes. the shop has the famous manneguin who are dressed. I've tried to position the butt as a home and as a sale but it keeps crashing. is there a way where I place the lot without my game is crashing?

Message 122 of 169 (727 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ChillGarbo I'm starting to get the feeling that EA is probably too blind to see this bug that we have, besides, if the bug was there the entire time before the cottage dlc and that they've known about it, then EA using "inaction" as their answer is inexcusable for a 5+ year old bug. They would have more than sure enough taken notice of this bug and would have patched it only a year after the dlc was released.
Message 123 of 169 (547 Views)

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? now updated to 1.86.166.1030 but was different at the time it last crashed.
What expansions, game packs, stuff packs and Kits do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to place lot down with mannequins (as my lot has mannequins in it)
What happens when the bug occurs? The game will instantly crash no error code just crashes
What do you expect to see? My lot is a Gym with mannequins so for me to be able to place it and travel to it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes the lot was built with CC
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not that I am aware of, but it occurred the next time I tried to place the lot after building it.

I am facing this same issue and it has been ongoing for months, I have created a new save file with minimal to almost no CC thinking it was my game having too much cc, but it still crashed as soon as I tried to place the lot, mine is the Gym in San Myshino that I renovated and added CC to it, so the only main CC in my game at present is the CC for the lot, and no mods or script files. I sent my save file to one of the sim gurus as requested but I have had no response.

Message 124 of 169 (499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Since I downloaded the Fashion Packs I have had the Mannequin Problem

Message 125 of 169 (471 Views)

Re: Game Crashing when Placing Retails

★★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem with game crashing when placing retails. 
I've checked it and it was the Mannequin problem. So far no problems with lots without them.

Thanks for help to @crinrict 
If you still need screenshots to proof the bug you can tell me.

Message 126 of 169 (423 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Sims team, I'm experiencing the same bug, as many people right now, you can see all over the Gallery people are writing that their mannequin builds are crashing on placing the lots from gallery. 

It doesn't seem to only happen connected to wedding attire, but just when using mannequins on a retail lot (I had it also crash on a non-retail once though).

It seems to be dependent on if the mannequins have clothes on, and sometimes I have the impression it depends on the amount of mannequins too, but couldn't verify, as the crashing is quite lengthy to restart and test all over again.

These are example lots that you can use to test:

https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/ADA534C03ADD11EB8C4EF063F73A62CC

https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B21D0D57228711E78EE23423E325F46A

https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5C6E749615BF11E58AE86AA84856B674

and there are many more. Often people have already commented on those, if they got tried to be placed after July last 2021, it seems like that was around the time when it started crashing them all.

I tested them on a fresh Sim 4 installed high-end PC, with all expansions installed (just missing a handful of kits), no mods, and cleaned localthumbcache. It also crashes on my M1 mac so it can't be a computer power problem. 

Please prioritise fixing this one, it makes it impossible to play a retail fashion or wedding shop, which the Wedding Stories pack has again inspired to play. A lot of users would highly appreciate that. Thank you!! Standard smile

Warmly, Karolina (a Software Developer myself Wink )

Message 127 of 169 (385 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@karoschmitz EA are fully aware of all the reported bugs they seem just totally unable to acknowledge or attempt to fix them! Instead they add more bugs than they fix with every new pack.
Message 128 of 169 (330 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@generuler4 I am sooo happy I found this. I thought it was just me! I just bought the wedding stories pack & I tried to place a bridal shop and everyyyy time it crashes. It's so annoying lol guess i will be starting from scratch 😭
Message 129 of 169 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hey @Jaahbeenlit7 please hit the button "Me too" on the first page of this bug, so it gets higher prioritised. The higher priority, the more likely that EA assigns resources to fix it 🙏 I would also love to finally play with this feature again, and be able to place all those retails that are crashing now :.( 

Btw, it will also crash if you build your own bridal shop and save it to your gallery Frown

Message 130 of 169 (300 Views)