Re: [OPEN] Game Crashing when Placing Retails/Lots with mannequins

by MidniteHearts

Original Post

Re: Game crashes when I try to place a large lot

@Snail1504  Does the lot in question contain one or more mannequins?  There's a known bug:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Game-Crashing-when-Placing-Retails-Lots-with-mannequins/t...

If that's your issue, please click Me Too on that thread; I can merge this post with the thread as well.

If the lot does not have a mannequin, people here may be able to test it for you.  Just list your Gallery ID, if it's different than your username here, and the name of the lot in question.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 169 (2,337 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Ah I didn't know that was a bug but yes the lot does have mannequins, I clicked me too on the other thread btw
Message 22 of 169 (2,320 Views)

Hero
@Snail1504 Thanks for confirming. I merged your thread with the bug report then so all is in one place.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 169 (2,316 Views)

My builds are crashing mine and others games

★★★★ Novice

My builds are crashing others games. One person was able to download a smaller build but the average builds are crashing mine and others builds. My game, even though I built it, also crashes.

Message 24 of 169 (2,215 Views)

Re: My builds are crashing mine and others games

★★★★ Novice

I am aware that large files will not download easily. but this had already downloaded to others lots. It stopped suddenly being able to be added to any lot.

Message 25 of 169 (2,138 Views)

Re: My builds are crashing mine and others games

Hero
@peacefulzone Are you using mannequins on your lots ? Those currently crash games.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 169 (2,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issues in my game. My game crashes with the dressed mannequins on the lot but it works perfectly fine when I place down a retail store with the undressed mannequins. I would also like to add, retail stores work perfectly fine with zero mannequins in the build. I hope this gets fixed in a future patch soon cuz it kinda ruins the retail system for what I need it for. Luckily, I've found some ways to work around it. 

Message 27 of 169 (2,168 Views)

★ Novice

Would like to echo that I too am having this problem! Retail lots in my own gallery that used to place perfectly are now crashing the game. I hope the next patch includes a fix for this.

Message 28 of 169 (2,136 Views)

keep getting kicked out

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but country living and the decorator one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have tried 3 times to add mannequins to a lot I am making and everytime I do, it kicks me out of the game completely.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game clicks me out of it completely back to my desktop
What do you expect to see? where I can add mannequins to my lot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have been trying to make a lot that consists of a mountain, a wedding chapel and some mannequins. Every time I try to add mannequins to my lot I get kicked out of the game and sent back to my desktop. This is the first time I have attempted to do something like this but for some reason it won't let me add mannequins to it like as if they were guests.

Message 29 of 169 (2,152 Views)

Re: keep getting kicked out

Hero
@swoopbonecrusher Mannequins currently have an issue.

I merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 169 (2,114 Views)