Re: [UNSURE] [GTW] [V] Non-disguised Occults showing disguise in thumbnails

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

The latest patch notes say it is fixed for Aliens. I have to check vampires though

Aliens should now appear as expected in the Photo thumbnails, and no longer display their disguised forms when they are not in disguise.

Message 21 of 30 (954 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@rostsit 

From the fix notes:

Per discussion with SimGuruJill, the household thumbnail (used in the family portrait object, and also seen immediately on exiting CAS) will now always display aliens in their alien form and all other occults in their "human" form.  This is so that the forms used for this thumbnail always correspond to the bottom row of the skewer thumbnails seen in the CAS room (e.g. vampire dark form thumbnail appears above the vampire "human" form thumbnail in CAS, so the "human" form is also used in the household thumbnail).

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 22 of 30 (4,095 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@SimGuruNickSo as the main form of an alien is, well, alien, they are displayed as Aliens if not disguised. BUT. Then it says "when they are not in disguise". So, when they ARE, they will be displayed as disguised, right? This absolutely contradicts "will now always display aliens in their alien form", so I am not sure which statement is true.
But if the first one is true, then I can't understand why the same cannot be applied to vampires having their Dark form ON, i.e. if vampires are saved in their Dark form, they should be displayed in their Dark form.

P.S. Mermaids are another business as we can't manually change their form, only "water" can.

Message 23 of 30 (939 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

So, let me answer this for SimGuruNick as he ignored my questions.

First, they fixed every picture on the world maps. No matter if you point to the house, o click on it, or click on a sim from that house - every portrait is correct and displays each sim in the form it was saved.

Second, the all-families window is a mess now. Vampires are all in their human forms. And aliens are all in their alien form, no matter if they were saved in disguised form.

It's somewhat better now. But why ON EARTH they just can't make it as it was originally??? Everyone was fine with it, nobody complained, so just don't touch it, why to ruin things that work??? You have plenty of bugs to fix, at least stay away from what is working!

And please, whoever did this, REMOVE the "fixed" tag, because it is NOT.

Message 24 of 30 (906 Views)

★★ Guide
@rostsit Yeah I always loved that the sims were displayed like how I left the household. I want some vampires to always be in their darkform and some not. And I liked that I could see that in their portraits etc. Hate that this nice feature is gone. Confused
Message 25 of 30 (884 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@rostsitI actually spoke too soon. Just noticed that it's fine for me. Vampires in darkform is shown like that now. So it's fixed for me. But when I manage households all vampires are shown in their humanform. So that's not fixed.

Message 26 of 30 (851 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@SisterGloomyIt's just as I said. The maps are OK now. But manage households window is still broken.

Message 27 of 30 (823 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We can file a bug report for the fact that manage households is still broken, thanks for all the info! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 28 of 30 (796 Views)

Hero
@SisterGloomy Could you create a new thread for Vampires in Manage Housheold ? Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 30 (768 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Whether it's aliens or other occults such as vampires, they should always show up in the household portraits in whatever state they were in when they were saved.

My alien is trying to hide it, so the portrait should show the disguised formed when saved that way

Message 30 of 30 (680 Views)