Re: [UNSURE] [GTW] [V] Non-disguised Occults showing disguise in thumbnails

by rostsit

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Any update on this? It's bugging me so much, my town is full of aliens because i have a maxed out scientist and i NEVER use the disguise and then i can't find them in manage household because i don't recognize them. And then they have kids with human townies and suddenly i have rainbow coloured babies popping up (because they have no disguises) in random households. The whole thing is so weird.

Also, people should be able to show who they are all the time, no more hiding in closets/disguises, be proud of who you are!

Message 11 of 30 (1,211 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Getting really tired of this bug...

Message 12 of 30 (1,201 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also have this issue in my game. I think it came with mermaids, who are always shown in their 'disguise' in manage households, so that they are 'hidden'. But I never play with disguised aliens and it is really frustrating and irritating to see them in their disguised form. Frown

Message 13 of 30 (1,166 Views)

★ Guide
@Shewolf13 Hope they fix this soon. I am an rotational player and it is difficult to find the alien you are looking in household management. It is difficult to divide them between new households when you constantly have to log back into CAS just to figure out which alien has which disguise.

I miss my aliens.
Message 14 of 30 (1,138 Views)

★★ Guide

I've been having this issue on PS4 since around the time I got Island Living. I have numerous aliens and most don't ever use their disguise but all thumbnails have their disguised form. I like seeing my aliens in their true form! Not sure why this was changed but I hope it's changed back 

Message 15 of 30 (1,117 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This just started on PS4. My aliens are not in disguise in game, but if I am in manage households the Sims are all disguised. Worse, when I edit the sim, the disguise shown on the thumbnail does not match the disguise in the CAS at all. 

Message 16 of 30 (1,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Game: Sims 4

Platform PC

Language: English 

Version: 1.56.52.1020

Reproducible: Every time

Expansions: Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Vampires,

Mods: Yes, but reproducible with them removed

I'm also noticing this.  I've recently created a save with a family with vampires & aliens. My aliens never use disguises yet default to them that way in the world view and gallery.

In addition the one vampire child shouldn't have a dark form yet, yet that shows up in the gallery. 

The family was created with mods installed, but I removed mods, reset the game files and managed to recreate the issue.in a new save

On a side note you should really be able to remove aliens human disguises totally In CAS and copy alien features to disguise, or visa versa, like you can do with vampires.

EDIT: ignore the bit about the vampire child I haven't been able to reproduce that, In addition taking a saved copy of the family and aging the child up and down in CAS removes the dark form (as is supposed to happen). Must just have been a very weird glitch. And it doesn't affect gameplay for that sim, it just shows up in the Gallery

Message 17 of 30 (992 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I hope they really fix this. I want my aliens to be aliens. I understand the decision they went with for mermaid but that doesn't make any sense for aliens, especially since it has been possible to keep aliens in their real form for literal years before Island Living.

I have lots of aliens that I really like but I am now forced to look at their ugly human disguise and I never become as happy with the disguise as the alien form. And besides, I made an alien because I want to see HIM, not some disguise that make him look like any other old human sim. 

I dont care either or for aliens I don't play/ haven't made myself but stay out of my own sims please. Give them back to me!

If they won't fix it to how it was at least make it possible to delete the disguise so they literally can't disguise themselves which means they game will show them as aliens again. 

Message 18 of 30 (931 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know I'm late but yes I totally agree!

i want to share my aliens in the gallery and I just hate how they're portrayed. I want others to see how I designed their original form, it'd also be cool if we can choose if making disguises for our aliens or not (just like vanpires and their dark form)

it'd help a lot, I'm so tired about this

Message 19 of 30 (893 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yeah, it would be a nice option to remove alien disguise COMPLETELY,  just like dark vampire form. Is it really so hard to implement...

Message 20 of 30 (881 Views)