[FIXED] [GTW] Try outfit on mannequin not working after restock

by SuperKamakasy64

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Try outfit on mannequin not working after restock

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello, I'm having a problem with the mannequin try for outfit interaction. When one of my sims or any of the sims visiting my retail store try for outfit, they just spin to change clothes but nothing happen, they just keep the same clothes. At first i thought it was a mod conflicting with something after Get together expansion release, I start looking for answers in the internet and only found one post from someone having this issue and that person didn't even know what mod or CC is here is the post http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14464749/#Comment_14464749  , but i didn't take his word from granted, so i went and disable all mods and cc form my game and repair it using the EA origin tools, even delete all mods from the mod folder just in case.

After doing all that i gave it another try, but everything stay the same as before. I keep trying things and i found out that if you sell one of the mannequin and buy it again (I have two female mannequin in lot) all clothes are not safe for that mannequin but the other still have it, they are suppose to be share, after a while of trying things i found that if you let the new mannequin with out setting him new clothes and try for outfit with your sims using the new Nude 1 outfit that Get Together brings, for my surprise the mosaic censorship was gone leaving my sim like a barbie doll.

I have a video showing the problem and steps here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwNgG_dl4h0&feature=youtu.be i use the video capture tool that The sims 4 have to get the evidence.

Hope this help because i have try everything.

P.s I'm going to put the video as an attachment in case you can't open youtube videos URL. 

Message 1 of 40 (6,124 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Try outfit on mannequin not working after restock

Hero

• We addressed an issue that could prevent Sims from spinning into outfits after purchasing from a retail mannequin.

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 40 of 40 (4,903 Views)

All Replies

Re: Mannequin try for outfit not working properly.

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 40 (6,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I have tried your save and believe this to be similar to the dressed shower issue. It's caused by the cc you're using and the outfits don't get properly reset when you remove the cc.

I could totally reproduce your issue but I then tried to export your retail lot into a new game with a new Sim. It's flagged as containing cc. The issue remained the same. I then sold the mannequins again (all of them) and bough new ones. This time the issue went away.

As for the nude issue, I think that's the same issue. Your Sims change into a different outfit which is the same just without the censor. Didn't happen on the new mannequin.

I'll forward your save to a CM but I won't add it to a list.

I would need someone that never downloaded a lot from the gallery and never used cc in their game that has this issue to make me believe it's not cc related.

EDIT: I did try the save again to try some other stuff and after resetting the everyday outfit of the mannequin, the Sim changed fine again. Not sure if that works for you. You will need to do it for all mannequins that had cc on their outfits.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 40 (5,991 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

After reading your answer i was curious. I went to my game folder and cut the mods folder from The Sims 4 folder and disable the mods in game, just in case, and then upload the lot to my gallery, like you said, is flag as custom content. After that I create a new game with my mod folder empty and place the same lot in the same place in that save and try to re upload using that save file, but the game keep flagging it as custom content, so i went ahead and try to upload room by room and i found out that the rooms that didn't have picture in them were not tag as CC. 

I delete all photos from lot and now i can upload it without the CC flag, after doing that, I place the no CC flag lot in the same place and bought new Mannequin to try to recreate the problem, the first time you buy the Mannequin everything work fine, but at the moment you have a sims buy and outfit and restock it, it stop working properly giving me the same problems as before and i notice that if you redress the mannequin using the Dress Mannequin (175...) interaction, it never cost you 175 Simoleans it just redress it  without costing you a penny.

What do you suggest, should i unistall the whole game and install it again and see if that fix it? Because i'm running out of ideas.

If you need anything from my game, let me know.

Message 4 of 40 (5,985 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

If you start a new game on a fresh folder without reusing anything (new lot, new Sims), do you also get the same issue

I'm unsure if I tried restocking. Can do so tomorrow.

Reinstalling is probably a waste of time.

EDIT: You're right. Same happening here.

What I would need you to test is a fresh folder (let the game create it), then repair the game and then start a new game and see if you have the same issue. Don't use your lot, make a new one for testing.

@SuperKamakasy64

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 40 (5,979 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok i think i did what you ask, i delete The Sims 4 folder located at  (C:\Users\admin\Documents\Electronic Arts) and then i repair the game like you ask.

The game boot fine, like the first time i download it, with expansion detail screen and tutorials for all. After creating a new sim i went and bought the retail store and create a new lot with only a a counter, a cash register and two mannequins.

After setting my store up, i tested everything like before:

1.Dress Mannequins

2.Try outfit (It work)

3.Buy Outfit

4.Restock the Mannequin

5.Try Outfit (It doesn't work)

It even remove the mosaic censorship when use with the new nude outfit like before.

I suppose this mean the mods are not the culprit, if that's true it would be a bit of a relieve.

P.S 

I backup my The Sims 4 folder before deleting it can i copy/paste it and replace the new one to get my game like before without having any future problem?

Message 6 of 40 (5,972 Views)

Hero
Sounds like it. I'll test on a fresh game myself later tonight

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 40 (5,956 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Have you been able to test it yet?

Message 8 of 40 (5,936 Views)

Hero

I'm really sorry, I've been swamped. 

I'll tag you when I find the time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 40 (5,928 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SuperKamakasy64I was able to reproduce the issue on a fresh game but it only happens after restocking for me. 

I'll add on the next round.

EDIT: Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 40 (5,915 Views)