Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Transfer patient doesn't work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the doctor career and observe the behavior of the NPC doctors
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC doctors do not diagnose patients on their own anymore. They used to be able to!
What do you expect to see? I'd expect NPC doctors to diagnose patients when I transfer cases to them, but they don't!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I can't pinpoint which update caused this, but I do know that this was not always a problem, and that NPC doctors always used to be able to diagnose patients on their own.

For some reason, NPC doctors will no longer diagnose patients when I transfer cases to them. They used to be able to do this without any problems, but they don't do it at all anymore. I know for a fact that they used to be able to, but I can't pinpoint exactly which update this started happening after.

Message 17 of 22 (1,475 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Transfer patient doesn't work

Hero

Looks like this issue was fixed with Patch 1.37.35

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 22 (1,731 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] [GTW] Transfer patient case does nothing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I started playing again after a few months away and decided that with the purchase of City Living I wanted to play through all the careers/jobs to see what options there are in each. I really wanted to give the Doctor career a "real try" (without using cheat promotions) but when I do it is nearly impossible to get a promotion. The option of "transfer patient case" after examining the patient does nothing. In the past when transferring the case the doctor would approach the patient and then the patient would become treatable. That just does not happen now. The interaction with the doctor occurs and the doctor just ignores the action and continues doing what they are doing. 

I originally thought that it could be something on my end so I repaired the game via the Origin loader, I uninstalled and reinstalled all games and nothing has fixed the problem. 

I do not have any CC or mods in the game. 

I have read that this was a issue back in 2015 but say that it had been resolved. Plus I had never had this issue before. 

I noticed though, that i have not had this issue until the recent updates. 

Message 1 of 22 (2,278 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Transfer patient case does nothing

Hero

Yeah, not working for me either.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (2,246 Views)

After the patient handed over to the doctor, no diagnosis!

★★★ Guide

My Simin hands a patient, but the doctor does not make any diagnosis. Thus the further treatment is not possible and therefore some tasks can not be fulfilled.

The patient is handed over, but the doctor does not go to the patient to diagnose the patient so that my simin can heal him.

It affects Level 2 and Level 3 of the doctor's career.

Thus, the tasks, syringe or medication can not be fulfilled.
Also on some days, the daily task can not be fulfilled, since no new tasks are more, my Simin receives no promotion and also no full salary.

Here tested with a new folder without mods / CC's and game repaired!

01.07.17_08-35-47.png

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtHEOZsareA

Message 3 of 22 (2,205 Views)

Re: After the patient handed over to the doctor, no diagnosis!

Hero

Hi @Hoppel785

I've merged this with existing report on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (2,195 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thank you Crin and I had checked if it was reported but nothing found.

I've started a new game for testing.

Message 5 of 22 (2,185 Views)

Hero

Yeah, I somehow had forgotten to add it to the list.

It's added now :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (2,184 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thanks a lot Crin and now we hope that it will soon be fixed. I wish you a nice Sunday.

Message 7 of 22 (2,165 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Any news on this, the same happened to me too Frown

Message 8 of 22 (2,089 Views)

Hero

Hi @JochenWeiss

it's an open bug so there's not much you can do and we never get any ETA's on bug fixes.

All you can do is cheat-promote your sims with careers.promote doctor

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 22 (2,069 Views)