Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Sims are wearing wrong outfits career

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, stuff packs and game packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the scientist career.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims in the scientist career are wearing wrong outfits.
What do you expect to see? Sims wearing correct outfits.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 2/21/2019 - PC 1.50.67.1020

After applying patch 1.50.67.1020 the sims at the scientist career are now wearing wrong outfits like dresses or costumes. This includes your played sim.

Save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=19PsLAcolrSESKPdLjzBAwBnjXu_xThKb

Image:

TS4_x64 2019-02-21 22-28-46.png

Update: After installing the Strangerville expansion pack, all coworkers now seem to be wearing the Strangerville Scientist Outfit. Your played sim are wearing the wrong outfit, like a dress, bathing suit or a costume.

Message 1 of 78 (15,414 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Sims are wearing wrong outfits career

[ Edited ]
Hero

Scientists will once again wear an appropriate outfit when going to work even if StrangerVille is not installed.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Please use this thread for console: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Scientist-Career-Co-workers-in-Wrong-Outfits/m-p/7815976

@mh4515 wrote:

Please note that this patch does not change your current sim's work outfit so if they wore the wrong outfit like a dress, bathing suit or a costume in your save you need to change their current work outfit because they will still be wearing it. You can do that by getting promoted or you can quit the job and rejoin it or you can use the modify career outfit cheat (ctrl+shift+c to bring up the console, then type testingcheats on to enable cheats and then type sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 66 of 78 (13,652 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GTW] Sims are wearing wrong outfits for the scientist caree

★★★★ Novice

I'm experiencing this as well. Additionally, the Chemical Analyzer is missing from build mode unless I activate hidden objects via cheats.

Message 2 of 78 (15,269 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GTW] Sims are wearing wrong outfits for the scientist caree

Hero
HI @Akallisto

could you please create a separate thread for the analyzer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 78 (15,209 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same issue. Marcus Flex looks very pretty though.

02-22-19_11-01-50 AM.png

Message 4 of 78 (15,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It's the same for me, the only difference is the language is English. No mods, repaired game, cleared out cache files, restarted the game, and also tested a fresh unplayed game save, still an issue.

Message 5 of 78 (15,123 Views)

★ Apprentice
Admittedly, it was hilarious when my sim arrived at the lab in bunny costume, Don Lotario in a glamorous evening gown to flaunt his physique, with Dennis Kim dressed as Father Winter...
It seems instead of the typical uniform, just any Full Body outfit was randomly chosen. I'm all about every Sim expressing themselves freely, and Don does have shoulders to flaunt, but I miss the uniforms.
No mods or cc, occurred after latest patch of February 21, 2019.
Message 6 of 78 (14,978 Views)

Career Outfits Are Broken

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to work
What happens when the bug occurs? Career outfits are random and not related to the career/job.
What do you expect to see? For this to be fixed, I'm not from Austin, Texas.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch before Strangeville DLC comes out.

Spoiler
02-22-19_7-14-23 PM.png02-22-19_7-14-27 PM.png02-22-19_7-14-35 PM.png02-22-19_7-14-40 PM.png

So yeah I started a new game today with the new patch and..........career outfits for ALL careers/jobs (base game and DLC) are broken. They randomly dress up, not even wearing their appropriate gender clothing. So guys are crossdressing straight out of Austin, Texas. While women dress like men!

Message 7 of 78 (14,891 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had this problem, too.  My sim was okay.  Mortimer was even okay for a bit  but then all the other sims working were just wearing different outfits.  

Message 8 of 78 (14,964 Views)

Re: Career Outfits Are Broken

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @John_Zonbi 

I merged your post with existing thread although you say for you it's all careers ?

Seems affected are the lab workers in detective career and the scientists.

Do yours go to work in random clothing for rabbithole careers ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 78 (14,869 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [GTW] Sims are wearing wrong outfits career

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

There's been a fix uploaded for this to Deaderpool's Discord under #ahq_news. It appears that the Snippet Tuning file is missing a reference to Uniform_EP01_Scientist_low.

Without the fix it only refers to Uniform_StrangervilleScientist, so Scientist uniforms for Get to Work will definitely be broken without the fix until Maxis corrects the problem.

Credit for finding and fixing the issue goes to KlingonDragon from Deaderpool's Discord. I'm just sharing here to get the word out a fix is available.

Message 10 of 78 (14,825 Views)