[FIXED] [GTW] Sim going to work Scientist - game crash

by AsiaLV

Original Post

Re: [GTW] Sim going to work Scientist - game crash

★ Novice

Just updated my driver and turned my settings to low in game and I was able to load and join my sim at his science job!!!! I went to work with him twice without a problem. Will let you know if anything changes.

Message 41 of 55 (846 Views)

Hero

Since you have a dual graphics system, make sure the game runs on the card and not the chip.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 55 (842 Views)

★ Guide

Hi all,

I am constantly playing Scientist career and join her in her workplace. I have a lv6 UFOlogist Scientist Sim but so far whenever i play i did not encounter game crash.

As far as i'm concerned, i have my game crashed a few times previously due to other reasons but i minimized it significantly by changing my game to windowed screen. I just dont know why but this is helping tremendously. 

Message 43 of 55 (841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had this problem up until yesterday, when I managed to fix the crash.

I have NVIDIA GeForce graphics card and NVIDIA GeForce Experience software, it finds games on your PC and shows you your current and optimal settings and allows you to optimize your game with one click. Ever since I've optimized The Sims 4, I can go to work with a scientist. 

Hope it helps somebody with NVIDIA graphics card too. 

Btw, I was able to go to work with doctors and detectives before optimization, and I play on a laptop. And optimized settings are not at all low. Standard smile

I haven't read the whole topic so I don't know if anybody else suggested this, but I wanted to help since it was frustrating for me too.

Have a nice gaming!

Message 44 of 55 (795 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is an update being brought out for this issue?

Message 45 of 55 (775 Views)

Hero

So far it seems related to people with lower end graphics card that try to play the game on settings that are not recommended. Have you tried lowering your settings to see if it still crashes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 55 (774 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

There were some crashing issues addressed during science career.

Could anyone that had the issue confirm if they still do ?

EDIT: This issues seems to be solved

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 55 (3,931 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I can not play, I still do not solve Confusedmileyindifferent:

Message 48 of 55 (758 Views)

Hero

Well, your computer doesn't fulfill minimum requirements. What settings are you playing on now ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 55 (750 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Crinrict,

To update with the latest patch, I am able to travel with my sim in the Science career now.  What ever it was crashing the game, has been fixed.

Thanks

ASimWen

Message 50 of 55 (749 Views)