Re: GTW Bug

by dionysusstories

Original Post

Re: Get to Work game crash

Hero

@rachlig810 Merged your post. Could you try the options.ini solution provided in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 55 (1,064 Views)

[GTW] Science Career. Game crash on loading screen.

★★ Novice

My game was working perfectly the first few times I played it. Though I changed my settings to lower graphics and set it to laptop mode for better performance. After a few more times playing the game it won't let me join my sim for her career, it loads for a few seconds and then crashes, every single time I load it it does the same thing. Help please!

Message 12 of 55 (1,050 Views)

Re: [GTW] Sim going to work Scientist - game crash

★★ Novice

Just to let ya'll know this doesn't work... (Btw, tried it three times, followed every step precisely.)

Message 13 of 55 (1,049 Views)

Hero

@Ju5tGettingBi wrote:

Just to let ya'll know this doesn't work... (Btw, tried it three times, followed every step precisely.)

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Please either use pastebin.com and put the link here or use spoiler tags.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 55 (1,043 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried the options.ini solution. It worked the first time, but when I had to go into options to change the camera controls back to Sims 3 camera controls, I lost the fix and the game crashed again.

Since then, this is not providing a solution to this problem and the game continues to crash whenever I send my sim to work in the science career.

It's too bad: I really like this career. I hope there will be a fix soon!

Message 15 of 55 (1,042 Views)

Hero

@unadulteratedsim wrote:

I tried the options.ini solution. It worked the first time, but when I had to go into options to change the camera controls back to Sims 3 camera controls, I lost the fix and the game crashed again.

Since then, this is not providing a solution to this problem and the game continues to crash whenever I send my sim to work in the science career.

It's too bad: I really like this career. I hope there will be a fix soon!

Did you just change the camera controls ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 55 (1,036 Views)

Hero

Since this a reproducible crashing issue that many seem to have, I'm accepting reports on these in the bug forum. To help narrow this down, could everyone please include the following information

1. Are you using custom content or mods in your game (not saying it's mod related, but I need this information)
  2. Are you playing a pre-patch save game or did you start a new one with the patch/GTW
  3. Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

4. Do you have any flies called lastcrash.txt (or variations of it) in documents\electronicarts\thesimsf\. If so, please zip them and upload somewhere and add a link here.
  5. What settings are you playing on ?

Things to try:

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 55 (1,036 Views)

GTW Bug

★★ Novice

My game keeps crashing when I try to go to work with my sim who has a Science career and I also no longer have the option to buy books from the bookshelf. Has anyone else had any similar issues and any tips on how to fix this?

When I select go to work with my sim the game loading screen plays then the screen goes black then it crashes.

Message 18 of 55 (1,036 Views)

Hero

@dgillatt77 Merged your post. 

Please provide the info asked in the first page.

For your book issue: Are you using mods ? If so remove them. If not, please open it's own thread on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 55 (1,031 Views)

★ Novice

I tried every setting to find out what was going in and i got to discover that I can go to the scientist career if i had the objects quality in medium or lower, as well as use the cupcake machine inside walls, although the game sometimes crashes coming back home or going to lots 

Message 20 of 55 (1,017 Views)