[GTW] Game Crashes When "Joining" Sim at Work

by unadulteratedsim

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Sim going to work Scientist - game crash

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Reloaded the game several times - removed Origin in-game.

Join Sim for science job -

Game Crashes

EDIT (by Crin): Since this a reproducible crashing issue that many seem to have, I'm accepting reports on these in the bug forum. To help narrow this down, could everyone please include the following information

1. Are you using custom content or mods in your game (not saying it's mod related, but I need this information)
  2. Are you playing a pre-patch save game or did you start a new one with the patch/GTW
  3. Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Please either use pastebin.com and put the link here or use spoiler tags.
  4. Do you have any flies called lastcrash.txt (or variations of it) in documents\electronicarts\thesimsf\. If so, please zip them and upload somewhere and add a link here.
  5. What settings are you playing on ?

Things to try:

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Message 1 of 55 (7,468 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [GTW] Sim going to work Scientist - game crash

[ Edited ]
Hero

There were some crashing issues addressed during science career.

Could anyone that had the issue confirm if they still do ?

EDIT: This issues seems to be solved

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 47 of 55 (4,010 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

------------

Could you also post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Please either use pastebin.com and put the link here or use spoiler tags.

-----

Added to crash issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 55 (7,363 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue, tried repaired from origin, uninstalled and re-installed... I can travel with a doctor career, I can not travel to the scientist without it crashing constantly

Message 3 of 55 (7,329 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here, tried repaired from origin,. I can travel with a police career, I can not travel to the scientist without it crashing 

i used my sim then used summer and nothing:robotsad:

Message 4 of 55 (7,313 Views)

Hero

Could you try removing your user files, especially the options.ini (move it to the desktop) and let the game create a new one. Then try again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 55 (7,310 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Could you try removing your user files, especially the options.ini (move it to the desktop) and let the game create a new one. Then try again.

Moved only the options.ini file to my desktop and it worked. Thanks!

Edit- So I moved the file, started up the game, didn't change any settings, I joined my sim at work with no problems. I then changed all the settings and the next day when I went to join my sim the game crashed. Guess I'll be playing with some horrible graphics lol.

Message 6 of 55 (7,303 Views)
Highlighted

[GTW] Game Crashes When "Joining" Sim at Work

★★★ Novice

When I attempt to "join" my sim at work (Science) the game crashes and I lose progress. 

I've removed all mods from the game and tested. I'm still experiencing this problem. This is the same thing that used to happen when I tried to install the Cupcake Factory on my lots. 

Message 7 of 55 (7,276 Views)

★ Apprentice

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

THANKS A LOT !!!!!

i made a video with your solution in spanish to help all ppl in latam with the same problem!! :heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWSdpkdNxSM&feature=youtu.be

Message 8 of 55 (7,283 Views)

Hero

@unadulteratedsim Merged your thread. Could you try the options.ini solution posted above

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 55 (7,269 Views)

Get to Work game crash

★★★ Newbie

Whenever i try and go to work with my scientist, the loading screen comes up, and after about a minute my game crashes. It worked fine the first time i went to work with him so i'm not sure what to do, any help would be much appriciated Standard smile

Message 10 of 55 (7,259 Views)