by XxNata92xX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Scientists' serum was completely ineffective

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions ,all game packs,Cool Kitchen ,Fitness Stuff Pack , Luxury Party ,Perfect Patio .
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use scientists to make serum.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the game update, my scientist serum had no effect and nothing happened. It was normal before the update.I moved my sims4 folder and started the new save game, but the problem still exists. The new sims4 folder starts the game serum still has no effect.
What do you expect to see? The scientists' serum was completely ineffective.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. UPDATE 3/8/2018

Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions ,all game packs,Cool Kitchen ,Fitness Stuff Pack , Luxury Party ,Perfect Patio .
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use scientists to make serum.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the game update, my scientist serum had no effect and nothing happened. It was normal before the update.I moved my sims4 folder and started the new save game, but the problem still exists. The new sims4 folder starts the game serum still has no effect.
What do you expect to see? The scientists' serum was completely ineffective.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. UPDATE 3/8/2018

‌Any serum

Message 1 of 17 (5,525 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Scientists' serum was completely ineffective

Hero

• Serums work as advertised.

Fixed in Patch 1.41.42

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (5,789 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] [GTW] Scientists' serum was completely ineffective

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem, the only way the Scientist serums work is if my played sim is giving them to others, let's say I have Sim A and Sim B and let's say I wanna turn Sim A into a ghost with ghost goo, I'll have to put the ghost goo into Sim B's inventory and give it with the friendly serum option to Sim A  and the serum will work but as you said if Sim A is drinking the ghost goo nothing happens.

Also it's 100% reproducible I created 200 ghost goos I had Sim A drink 100 and nothing happened, I've put 100 in Sim B's inventory to give them to Sim A that way and Sim A  was turned into a ghost as it should be

I have no CC, I repaired the game,deleted the cache files that I'm allowed to delete and nothing changed

Message 2 of 17 (5,280 Views)

Science Career potion don't work TS4

★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? .
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? .
What happens when the bug occurs? .
What do you expect to see? .
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? [GTW]: Get To Work [GT]: Get Together [CL] City Living [CD] Cats & Dogs [OR]: Outdoor Retreat [SD]: Spa Day [DO] Dine Out [V] Vampires [PH] Parenthood [LSP]: Luxury Stuff Pack [PPSP]: Perfect Patio Stuff Pack [SSP]: Spooky Stuff Pack [KSPS] Kid's Room Stuff Pack [BYSP] Back Yard Stuff Pack [VGSP] Vintage Glamour Stuff [FSP] Fitness Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure it started after I updated to 1.41.68.1020
What happens when the bug occurs? None of the potions from the science career work.
What do you expect to see? I tried the potions that changed emotion and they no longer affect the sim that takes it.
Please describe the patch or change you made. patch 1.41.38.1020

Message 3 of 17 (5,233 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I also have this bug no mods no cc

Message 4 of 17 (5,202 Views)

Re: Science Career potion don't work TS4

★★★ Newbie

same here!

Message 5 of 17 (5,183 Views)

★★ Novice
Same thing happened to me. I also dont seem to be able to get metal or crystals from coworkers while at the scientist career. Asked them a ton of times, and it counts towards tasks, but they always say “i cant help with that right now” or something like that and never give one. But with the serums, even when i give them to other sims, there is no effect. I ear sound effects and see the animation, but no moodlets or anything change. And it will only count as a task in the career if i give the serum to a sim, but not if my sim drinks it. So something with the scientist career track is definitely broken.
Message 6 of 17 (5,145 Views)

★★ Novice

I have same problem, too. 

I wonder when this bug will be fixed.

Message 7 of 17 (5,011 Views)

★★★ Novice

I bought Get to Work a long time ago, like a very long time ago. I experimented a little with Scientist but not for long, so I never progressed far. This is the first time I have actually done anything with the three Active jobs. I thought it was my game but it seems to be having an effect on everybody.

Drinking serums you create does not work, you can give but not take. It's a very big disappointment and I hope it will be fixed.

P.S.

I am not using any mods.

Message 8 of 17 (4,985 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing, I have a ton of serums and it's asking my sim to drink or give away a tainted serum. I must have had him drink ten of them, nothing happened to him and it didn't go away on the job board. I gave a ghost goo serum and the grim reaper showed up? but no one died and no one turned into a ghost. There is never any effect from any serum my sim makes. I had once where a sim drank a serum my sim made, and then passed out? but that was it! 

Message 9 of 17 (4,970 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (4,959 Views)