[FIXED] [GTW] Retail food items vanished

by jimbbq1

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Retail food items vanished

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Since tents haven't worked - ahem - for sleeping since the GTW patch, I've always sent my Sims to the same cottage in GF. Before the GT patch I could have Sim households leave food in the fridge for the next visitors. Now, the food left behind is broken. My Sims can't eat it and I need to drag it into the world to enable them to throw it away. Yet another blow to rotational play.

Food seems to be broken on any "community" lot for players that rotate between household in the same "save."  

Message 41 of 45 (567 Views)

★★ Guide

This might seem a bit of a strange link but, has this got anything to do with Build mode? The reason I ask is because since the last time I restocked the bakery I've been swapping between households and all of the food is staying in the retail displays. At the same time as I discovered the retail food was being cleared I also discovered that every time I went into build mode (building not buying) I would have to reset the front door (doesn't happen when buying stuff) Because that was starting to irritate me I decided to stop re-re-building my Sims house and let them live in peace, that was when I discovered the retail food had stopped being cleared.

That all could be a giant coincidence, but I've been playing for many hours (over 2 days) since I stopped building and have swapped households many times and I've yet to see the bakery cleared again. 

Message 42 of 45 (553 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Interesting. So even if you visit the shop from a different household, the food remains?

I switch households a lot, too. I just can't visit the lot as a shopper, only as the owner.
Message 43 of 45 (550 Views)

★★ Guide

@janyses yes so far it does, the only items missing are the bread & bagels that go bad quickly. I don't know whether it's staff or the game that clears them, but I don't mind seeing a few gaps Standard smile

Message 44 of 45 (547 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [GTW] Retail food items vanished

Hero

• Food set for sale on retail lots was being improperly cleaned up by the midnight cleaning services under some circumstances … this should no longer occur.

This has been fixed in patch 1.15.55

I hear there's still some issues with the freezer and warmer. 

Please make a new thread for that as they are unrelated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 45 (1,837 Views)