by jimbbq1

Original Post

Re: Retail food items vanished

Hero

So this only happens on unowned lots ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 45 (757 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
It happened to both owned and unowned retails not currently played by my sims
Message 12 of 45 (755 Views)

Hero

That's what I meant :D

I'll give it another try but given the many reports in the official forums, I'm adding this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 45 (751 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I tried with and without mods.

The food disappear from all community lots if you leave and come back. Both as the retail owner or as a normal visitor.

The food was  marked as for sale. When you leave your retail, go home and come back, even after saving, the restock sign or the food both cleaned out, disappeared, no sign left.

I will create a new save without any mods again to retest this in an empty town, but since more people without mods had the same reaction, I think is something about the cleaning public lots after party that broke the retail system food/bakery. Retail shouldn't be counted as "normal party available community lot" I guess.

Message 14 of 45 (747 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

thanks a lot for your help. I don't use mods Standard smile 

having unowned retail shops around the town is a major gameplay feature for me, and reading through the forum for many players too! it would be a shame if this was broken!

Message 15 of 45 (744 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I solved the problem by switching to a new family buiying a new retail and deleting localthumbcache.package before I did this and started the game. It worked after it but only on retail lots now!

Prob try deleting the localthumbcache.package in your Sims 4 Folder. And then start the game and try a new retail store. After this other shops went back to normal. Hope it helps you!

Message 16 of 45 (731 Views)

Hero

These Issues are creepy.

@jimbbq1 Could you try the suggestion and mark as workaround if it works for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 45 (728 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I have now tried it . At first it seemed to work , the food items survived one full day , but on the second day past midnight when I visited the retail again the food was all gone ! Frown
Message 18 of 45 (707 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Did you save in the retail when the food came back? Was the food you made or from gallery?

I saved the game in the new retail with a new person having a new retail not the old one then no more disappearing food. Delete the localthumbcache.package also everytime before you enter the game, maybe that will prevent it from disappearing?

Message 19 of 45 (706 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can go through exactly what's happening,,,,,and I am absolutely sure it's a glitch and not mods or CC doing this.

First off, this glitch is only happening with food......I have a camera retail shop.....arrived there with Sims and all of the cameras for sale were still intact but the display case with free food for the Sims who visit to eat disappeared....

Food on sale at retail shops, food purchased and brought back to residential lots, food that's cooked at home and left on the counters, food from the buffet tables, and drinks from the fountain of mirth........all disappearing.......

The Lice Cold Freezer doesn't work anymore. New food, food already there.....no matter what, Sims walk up to it, look inside and then it drops from cue....no mods were installed when this was tested...

Mods completely removed and the folders and caches were all deleted and reset.......problem still there......

If visiting a community lot with food that has disappeared.......in my case most of my nightclubs, lounges, and bars have buffet tables and the fountain of mirth......if you go into the library and replace the lot with the saved food.....everything is fine but when you return with another household.......food is gone again.......Same applies with a retail lot, but of course only difference is since you can't edit a retail lot if the household doesn't own it, instead of replacing it straight from the library........you have to leave and go back to the map......go into build mode and then replace.........if  I bring the Sims back then the food is there for sale but of course bring another household at a later time, food is gone again.......

Message 20 of 45 (700 Views)