Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Retail Freezer/Warmer Dosen't Change to Show Full

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put stuff in the lice cold freezer and see how it doesn't change
What happens when the bug occurs? The Lice Cold Retail Freezer doesn't change to show that is it full.
What do you expect to see? Freezer changing to full looking
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. March 2016

The Lice Cold Retail Freezer doesn't change to show that is it full.

This is what it is supposed to look like when full:

Spoiler
j5uhztk3fede.png

No matter how much I put into it, this is what it looks like in my game:

Spoiler
03-24-16_11-06-32 AM.png

Note:  I have way more objects in the freezer/warmer than listed.  It should show full with just the minimum I have shown.

The warmer doesn't show full when it is full.

This is what it is supposed to look like:

Spoiler
zcrmpif4y1gz.jpg

This is what it currently looks like in the game:

Spoiler
03-24-16_12-46-02 PM.png

Message 1 of 9 (3,180 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Retail Freezer/Warmer Dosen't Change to Show Full

Hero

• The “Lice Cold Retail Freezer”, and the “Cat Loves Food Inc. Professional Grade Warming Rack” will once again update their appearance when food is placed inside them.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (2,257 Views)

All Replies

Re: [FIXED] [GTW] Lice Cold Retail Freezer Dosen't Change to Show Full

Hero

Now I'm confused. Why did you put a Fixed tag ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (3,114 Views)

Re: [GTW] Lice Cold Retail Freezer Dosen't Change to Show Full

★★★ Pro

It was by accident.  The post had an auto-generated title.  I didn't delete the whole title I guess.  It is not fixed though.

Message 3 of 9 (3,108 Views)

Re: [GTW] Lice Cold Retail Freezer Dosen't Change to Show Full

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (3,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I took a look at the coding for this the other day in an attempt to try and fix it via mod.

I couldn't. The reason being that the geostate information appears to be MISSING from the tuning file and I didn't know what to add to get it working again.

Basing my knowledge on how the toilet works, it has a geostate for when the bowl is empty and another for when the bowl is full. The coding states which geostate it should start with when purchased and then stipulates triggers that make it switch between the two.

I assume these display racks should work in the same way but, as I said, the coding is missing. The only mention I could find for the geostates in the tuning is the one stating which should be used when the object is first purchased. The "full" geostate doesn't appear in the code and there are no triggers set to even attempt to change the geostate.

If I knew how to get hold of the tuning that shippped with GTW's release then I could see what code got stripped out and add it back in. I really shouldn't have to do that in the first place though. This should be an easy fix for the official Sims Team.

Message 5 of 9 (2,969 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It has been a year and several packs/patches, and I'm STILL having this issue. I'm just wondering if anyone has found a fix?

Message 6 of 9 (2,836 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Every aspect of the Lice appliances has been broken for years. They fixed the issue allowing npcs to buy from them, but they still ignore the other issues. The freezer can't even hold anything.

Message 7 of 9 (2,535 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

They fixed most issues with this. However, this issue still persists. I just put in a ton a produce and my store looks completely empty because the freezer no longer changes as food gets stored inside. Also,. Spinach and herbs cannot be put in but that's on a separate thread. 

Message 8 of 9 (2,472 Views)

Hero

• The “Lice Cold Retail Freezer”, and the “Cat Loves Food Inc. Professional Grade Warming Rack” will once again update their appearance when food is placed inside them.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (2,258 Views)