Re: My Sim resets when i restock something

by crinrict

Original Post

Sim reset when restocking item

★★ Novice

Hi everyone!

My sim resets every time he restocks an item... the same happens with my employees. I have to make the interaction one at a time because it erases all of my planned interactions.

Does anyone have this problem too?

Thanks!

Message 11 of 19 (499 Views)

Hero

I'm going to test this on my own game tomorrow.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 19 (506 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The Sims don't reset for me at all. I can confirm that the queue drops (which has a thread on it's own already) but the Sim does not reset. He restocks the item as he should.

Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly but resetting is canceling the action and therefore failing it.

If this is about queue dropping, I'm merging with the existent thread

@chicken12365@mouchazz@janyses

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

This is about the sim resetting immediately AFTER stocking an item, which causes the remaining queue to drop. Please check again and this time pay close attention to the sim. You may have to do it multiple times to see that the sim resets because it is subtle.

The restock is always successful because the reset doesn't occur until after the action completes.

Message 14 of 19 (462 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Pretty sure it's the same issue as the other then. That is already on the list.

While I don't see a reset it on the video posted, I can't imagine it being two different issues Standard smile

I'll merge.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 19 (457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Yes, it is the same issue. I wasn't aware that it was already being looked into. Rosemow on the forum sent me direct links to both threads and suggested I add my experience to the discussion. I just watched the video, and I can tell that the sim reset because it happens similarly in my game. Sometimes the arms stick outwards so it is obvious, and other times it does not. I repeated the action many many times before I realized the sim was resetting. Anyway, thanks for responding; I am glad that EA is aware.

Edit: I didn't see this fix listed in the Dec 4th patch notes, but I am no longer having this problem.

Message 16 of 19 (448 Views)

Hero

Is this still happening ?

@janyses @pessyl92 @mouchazz @chicken12365

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 19 (434 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Nope. You probably missed it, but I edited my previous message to say it's no longer happening as of the Dec 4th patch. For me, at least.
Message 18 of 19 (1,504 Views)

Hero

Yeah, I don't usually see edits as threads are not bumped.

I'm marking this as solved for now but awaiting further feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (426 Views)