[FIXED] [GTW] Reception functionality at THE Front Desk broken for active career

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Reception functionality at THE Front Desk broken for active car

★★ Novice

Has anyone found a work around for this? It's mildly annoying when my wife goes to work in game and there are 20 patients waiting at the door to be seated.

Message 21 of 39 (2,603 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Reception functionality at THE Front Desk broken for active car

★★ Guide
Only thing I found to help is buying a new computer and a new computer chair ( not sure about the chair part but I do it anyway) at the beginning of every shift. That's way the assistant/receptionist will go to the desk and work. It's a pain in the butt but it will work until we get a fix.
Message 22 of 39 (2,581 Views)

★ Guide

Is everyone else still having this problem with the receptionist standing outside on the sidewalk like me?  Also all the routing issues directing a patient to the exam bed?  I can't believe they are pushing a new seasons expansion pack and still haven't addressed this major problem.

Message 23 of 39 (2,280 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Yes, the receptionist still doesn't work in all 3 GTW careers.

Message 24 of 39 (2,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is still an issue in my game as well. We can only hope with the next patch it gets fixed. Until then, the only way I've found a workaround is replacing the computer.

I also noticed with this issue patients will go on the computer behind the desk, go into the cafeteria area and other inappropriate areas for them to be at instead of waiting by the front desk. 

Message 25 of 39 (2,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I can confirm that this is a problem as well. With the doctor career, I've noticed that the receptionist disappears after the first career level or so. And in the scientist career, a different employee will be at the computer instead of the receptionist. As a result, announcements are never hear throughout the day. I don't have input on the detective career, since I haven't played it recently.

Message 26 of 39 (2,204 Views)

Champion
I've had a chance to test all the Get to Work active careers and even though nothing is mentioned about it in the June 19 patch notes, the reception desk seems to be fixed.

Police Station - a police officer will sit at the reception desk, take calls, make annoucements and greet civilians coming into the station and type up their crime reports on the front desk computer. There's a clickable interaction to "staff the front desk" if you want your active sim to be on reception and if the desk is unstaffed, a police officer will head to it.

Hospital - the assistant on desk duty will make announcements, take calls and use the desk computer. They didn't really do anything else before.

Science lab - one of the co-workers will have the "Receptionist" job title in their hover info bubble and they'll be sitting at the desk making annoucements and taking calls.

So all seems well for now. Hopefully they don't break it again if they unintentionally fixed it without knowing...
Message 27 of 39 (2,108 Views)

★★ Guide

I too noticed that it was fixed.

Message 28 of 39 (2,098 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Idk if mine was fixed or not, but my sim went to the doctor to have her baby and everything seemed to be working fine.

Message 29 of 39 (2,083 Views)

Hero

@simvasion Is this still an issue currently ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 39 (1,967 Views)