[FIXED] [GTW] Reception functionality at THE Front Desk broken for active career

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Reception functionality at THE Front Desk broken for active car

★★★★ Pro

I have just started the medical career and patients are waiting normally at the reception.

Message 11 of 39 (2,476 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Reception functionality at THE Front Desk broken for active car

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Ok, I take everything back -  at my second day at the hospital the receptionist kept standing outside and no patient came.

But perhaps I have found a workaround: I let my Sim simply call the receptionist in. As soon as she was inside the building, patients came and queued up in front of the desk. 

As I can see in the pictures of this thread, patients come with or without receptionist.

Message 12 of 39 (2,456 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem as well, I didn't think it was so common.

(copied from my post on the Sims Forums) After starting a new game and rebuilding the FutureSims Lab lot, the receptionist doesn't sit and work at their desk. They will work as if they're a lab technician. Every time I join my sim at work, I have to reset the receptionist(who will be off working on something else) and replace the computer they're supposed to use. It works, but only for that work day.

Extra:
-I have rebuilt the lab before in another save game, but everything worked normally then.
-I have tried repairing my game several times, it doesn't work.
-I have added in more workers. The receptionist role switched around like it's supposed to, but none of them do what they're supposed to do.
-I've tried resetting the receptionist, desk, and computer. It doesn't work unless I replace the computer.
-I'm not sure if this happens in the other careers.

Message 13 of 39 (2,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah, this has been happening to me too, in all 3 careers, it's really annoying, and I don't want to replace the desk everytime I go to work, please, fix it

Message 14 of 39 (2,377 Views)

★ Guide

The stuck sim on the sidewalk, the inability to admit a patient to a an empty bed and the crowding around the patient by the staff so that I can't examine anyone is just too frustrating makes the hospital almost unplayable. It has not improved with the latest update--in fact it's a bit worse.  I have no receptionist at all.  The stuck sim on the sidewalk is one of the doctors.

Also no civilians visiting the police station so can't take a report and fulfill that task.

So far no problems with the science lab.

Why can't they fix this when so many are having these problems?

Message 15 of 39 (2,275 Views)

★★★★ Pro
When your played Sim enters the hospital in the morning, send him behind the desk and use the "call here" interaction with the receptionist on the sidewalk. He will come and at least stand at the desk for the rest of the day.

The admit-patient bug is at least half fixed. New patients are still a problem, but when returning from the x-ray, the doctor finds a free bed immediately.

At the police station, citizens are still spawned on the sidewalk. You can send your officer outside to speak with them and fulfill the task.
Message 16 of 39 (2,262 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi @alanmichael1,

thank you for the "workaround". One of my sim is ready to become a doctor, but there are always bugs with this carrier, so I have never choosen it.

I wish they would fix it. I know there was a fix for this add on but then after a short time the new patches make this add on more and more unplayable again.

Message 17 of 39 (2,258 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
I am also experiencing this issue in the medical career track and I just started a fresh save from a reinstallation of the game (no mods no cc since reinstalling). What's odd is after I edited the hospital by adding a new computer and chair (a second time because I previously renovated it in my game) my assistant sat at the desk again. But on the third day of work for my sim he's back at the curbside just standing there no matter if I reset him or not.
Message 18 of 39 (2,251 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm doing the same experience, too. (I'm sorry. I'm not good at English.)

My receptionist isn't functioning, either.

NPC sits down on a front desk and while conversation, a PC-game and a PC-chat aren't being done, a citizen comes.

While I sit down and am not working, each 1 citizen has come.

However, when the NPC or Me starts working, the citizen stops.

In most cases,The NPC at the front desk worked immediately, and the citizen does not come to eternity.

These are cases at the police station.

Even if all MOD was eliminated, these were doing the same movement.

Message 19 of 39 (2,156 Views)

★★ Guide
I noticed that too. That regular some were coming into the lot using the computer or standing around in odd places. It was strange.
Message 20 of 39 (2,141 Views)