Re: Reception functionality at THE Front Desk broken for all active careers

by simvasion

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Reception functionality at THE Front Desk broken for active career

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit any active career (Detective, Scientist or Doctor) and observe the behaviour at the reception desks.
What happens when the bug occurs? "THE Front Desk" which is used as the reception desk at Get To Work's active career venues (Police Station, Willow Creek Hospital and FutureSim Labs) has lost its functionality as a reception desk. It just operates as a normal desk now.
What do you expect to see? The desk is missing it's special interaction "Staff Front Desk" for both active playable sims when clicked on and for NPCs to autonomously use to do their receptionist job role. The desk should have this special functionality while at an active career venue and receptionist NPCs should be sitting behind it doing their jobs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started happening after Feb 22 2018 patch - PC 1.40.61.1020

Since the patch on Feb 22 2018, "THE Front Desk" works just like a normal desk while at active career lots. It is supposed to also work as a special reception desk while at Police Station, Willow Creek Hospital and FutureSim Labs.

----

At the Police Station, the receptionist/assistant police officer is not able to use the front desk to greet civilians who come to report crimes at the police station. The desk now behaves just like any other desk, and will attract detectives and police officers to sit at the computer and browse the web, just like a normal desk and computer. This means that Civilians are not able to approach the police station, and they will just stand looking at their phones at the spawn point either in front of the Police Station or far away at the spawn point behind Willow Creek Hospital.

At the Willow Creek Hospital, the assistant will be standing on the sidewalk in front of the hospital instead of sitting behind the reception desk. The desk behaves just like a regular desk and computer now, and a doctor NPC might sit at it and browse the web. This also affects when you take your active pregnant sim to give birth at the hospital - the receptionist won't be sitting at the desk - they will be standing at the sidewalk doing nothing and you won't be able to check in at reception. Fortunately, the pregnant sim will eventually just bypass it and go with the doctor to the delivery room to give birth.

At FutureSim Labs, the receptionist won't be sitting at the front desk doing their regular receptionist actions like making PA announcements. The desk will work just like a regular desk and lab staff will just use the computer as if it were any other computer terminal to browse the web.

----

If the desk is not being attended, previously the active player could click on the desk and there'd be the option "Staff Front Desk". It would also immediately attract NPCs to staff the front desk, so that there'd be someone at reception doing that role. Now it does not work - it doesn't autonomously attract NPCs to staff it and there are no options for your active sim to staff it when clicked on.

I hope this is fixed soon because it effectively impacts 75% of all of the Get To Work expansion pack (the other 25% being retail shops which don't use the reception desk).

reception.jpg

civilian.jpg

Message 1 of 39 (15,172 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Reception functionality at THE Front Desk broken for active car

Champion
Seems to be working fine now as far as I know. Last time I played an active GTW career was a few weeks ago.

I believe it was stealth fixed back in June.

View in thread

Message 31 of 39 (14,620 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

The hospital receptionist remaining at the front of the lot pre-dates the March patch.  Pic attached was taken in game 2/23/18.  I was testing something else so had not done anything about submitting a bug report.  IIRC, the designation for the sim at the hospital front desk in the past was "receptionist" but the sim that remains stuck out front all day shows designation of "assistant".  Has the receptionist role been nerfed, or is the sim mislabeled?

Had a sim have a baby at the hospital last play session and although all hospital staff arrived on the lot when she did, only the doctor ended up actually entering the hospital.  Nobody came to the reception desk, nor was there the option to check in when the computer was clicked on.  She wandered around a bit, then she and the doctor finally made their way back to the surgical table.  Design change, or related to "assistant" versus "receptionist" designation?

I really haven't paid attention to what was happening at the police station or science lab.  I don't have a scientist or detective in the save I'm currently playing.

Message 2 of 39 (14,957 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Thanks! I've edited the original post to say the bug started since the February 22 patch then.

I last played my Police Station on 18 Feb, before the February patch, and the desk was definitely working back then - I remember taking reports from Civilians inside the police station for the daily task.

I also had a sim give birth at the hospital before the Feb 22 patch and it was working - I could check in at the front desk with a receptionist there inside the hospital.

As far as I can remember, the front desk staff at the hospital has always been called "Assistant". I have it written down on my spreadsheet I use to track NPCs with jobs that way.

There's a "Receptionist" at FutureSim Labs and a "Receptionist" at the Police Station, although for the Police Station, the receptionist has never sat at the front desk for me. She's always in the back on one of the other computers, while usually an "Assistant" role Police Officer is usually using the Front Desk as the receptionist.

Message 3 of 39 (14,949 Views)

★ Pro

Wow!  A spreadsheet to track NPC roles!  I'm impressed.  I certainly won't take issue with something you've actually tracked.  I've always thought "receptionist" whenever I saw a sim at the front desk, not necessarily paying close attention to what the labeling actually said.  Thanks for helping me out with the role designations Standard smile

Until the last play session the check in procedure for a pregnant sim about to deliver was working for me, too.  I don't recall precisely when that was because I don't have tons of children in saves.  I can't supply a date for determining pre or post any given patch.  

Message 4 of 39 (14,942 Views)
Highlighted

Champion
I use the same spreadsheet to track my household playthrough rotation, so I've got definite dates for a birth happening on Feb 6 (pre-patch) where the Hospital reception was working and a birth on Feb 25 (post-patch) where it was not working any more.

I love my spreadsheet lol Standard smile
Message 5 of 39 (14,935 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have this issue as well. I can't attest for the Scientist or Detective careers as I've not interacted with them at all in a while, but when my sim went into labor everyone working at the hospital stayed outside. The front desk itself had no interactions, and the computer only had regular computer interactions.

My sim had to stand around in labor for 4 hours before the doctor came and took her. The assistant and nurse never entered the building. This was with no mods/cc, and I have all EPs, GPs, and SPs.

Message 6 of 39 (14,892 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I went back to an old save to test the detective career and can generally confirm the bug, though it was not so heavy in my game.

My receptionist was Hugo Villareal and he was sitting at the front desk throughout the day. One civilian even came to his desk:

Bürger 1.jpg

But most civilians keep standing on the sidewalk at the left side of the building. There is however a simple workaround to fulfill the career tasks: Send your officer outside to take the people's complaints:

Bürger 2.jpg

Message 7 of 39 (14,851 Views)

Re: [ADD] [GTW] Reception functionality at THE Front Desk broken for active care

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is also happening with me. The hospital seems so empty now and feels strange. There is only one nurse that shows up and a guy that just stands out front doing nothing when I am playing my doctor. I also have other sims I play as doctors and used to enjoy seeing them working there when I would play, but now I never see them any longer. 

I also am still not getting a pregnant sim to show up for deliver baby,  but haven't figured out why yet. We definitely need working receptionists back. 

Message 8 of 39 (14,790 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Reception functionality at THE Front Desk broken for active car

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 39 (14,700 Views)

★ Guide
I just started playing the police station after not using it for a while and I am experiencing no civilians entering the station at all (who would normally report to reception desk). May take several hours before one even shows up in the zone, so cannot complete "take a civilian report."
Message 10 of 39 (14,638 Views)