[FIXED] [GTW] Photographs are black

by indiechan

Original Post

Re: Paintings/photo's turning black - again!

★★★★★ Newbie

On PC, and just that one photo so far. I've been making copies of every photo I've taken since that happened so that I have a "back-up". That particular one can't be copied or modified anymore.

Message 21 of 41 (2,704 Views)

Re: Paintings/photo's turning black - again!

Hero

@deathpunchkitty

I've merged this with the re-opened bug report

Tagging @SimQARobo

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 41 (2,698 Views)

Re: [RE-Opened] [GTW] Photographs are black

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So, after the recent patch/update, all of my photos that I have taken and all of my paintings that are paint from reference are all black. When I logged into my game, I realized that this has happened, but it upsets me because it shows the family growing over a long period of time. Does anyone know how I can fix it, or if they will fix it in an update? Thanks!

Message 23 of 41 (2,685 Views)

Hero

Even if they do fix it again, it will not make the pictures visible again.

Do you maybe have a backup you can try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 41 (2,681 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We've been unable to reproduce this one. Is anyone still seeing this? If so, would you be able to share your save or entire TS4 directory with me? Thank you much for the help!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 25 of 41 (2,655 Views)

Hero

The save I already sent you guys should still have photographs that went black after that patch (in the retail store).

I haven't had any new ones though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 41 (2,647 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I can reproduce the issue using the save you sent us, Crin, but unfortunately our engineer needs more to work with. 

Do you know what the pictures were before they went black? Do you have screens of that? Even better, does anyone have a before and after save? I know it's a long shot, but that'd be ideal.

Also any idea what's causing this? Is the lot with the pictures going through a gallery upload or download or anything? Or is just rebooting the game causing them to go black? Or does it only happen when a new patch update comes out, and loading your older save? 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 27 of 41 (2,616 Views)

Hero

They were in my Sims inventory when they went blank and it was ok before the patch (the one I've reopened this issue with) and then blank after them. I can search if I have a before save (cause I have many) judging by the date but I don't know if they'll glitch again.

Can't remember what was on it. Also not all of them went blank, only a few.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 41 (2,604 Views)

★★★ Novice

Has this been fixed? My photos are still showing up black and I thought that they released a patch or something to address this. Are people still dealing with this? "Cause it's frustrating me to no end. All my pictures are black and ruined and i'm having to retake them everytime I load up. Like, it's making me not wanna use the camera, but I think that's messed up. This needs to be addressed.

Message 29 of 41 (2,571 Views)

Hero

So they re-blackout after you have taken new ones ? Already affected pics can't be saved. You can delete those but they should not become black again if you retake them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 41 (2,567 Views)