[FIXED] [GTW] Photographs are black

by indiechan

Original Post

Re: [GTW] Photographs are black

Hero

Thanks.

Is this valid for the filter issue too ?

This was also posted here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/quot-Paint-from-Reference-quot-Returns-Blank-Canvas/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 41 (3,565 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

i have the same problem my photos are all black when i put them inside the box in build mode

nvidia geforce GTX 960M

Message 12 of 41 (3,472 Views)

Hero

• Fixed an issue that could cause photos and paintings to turn black if they were first placed into the Household Inventory, and then placed on the lot.

Tagging @indiechan @catloverplayer @sharonbl @magicme4492 @tastytourist

For confirmation that this is fixed for them. Be aware that existing black photos can't be recovered.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 41 (3,440 Views)

Paintings/photo's turning black - again!

★★★ Newbie

I know this was a previous issue and apparently was fixed with a patch but I have some pictures and paintings turning black at random.  My uiscale is at 100, my game is 100% up to date - is there something I'm missing? Can anyone help?

Message 14 of 41 (3,297 Views)

Re: Paintings/photo's turning black - again!

Hero

Yes, I thought this was fixed.

Are you on PC or Mac

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 41 (3,291 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I just encountered this issue today, AFTER installing the latest update. I thought perhaps it was my ghost on the lot vandalizing my photo, haha! I don't know if I'm relieved to know that it's a glitch or not. Either way, my precious family moment is now ruined Frown

Message 16 of 41 (3,283 Views)

Hero

Is this PC or Mac ?

Just that one photo or is it gradually happening to all of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 41 (3,270 Views)

Hero

Re-opening this as it's back for me and I've also seen one other report

Tagging @SimGuruNick@SimGuruArvin and @SimQARobo for Awareness.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 41 (3,305 Views)

EA Sims Team

Do you happen to have an altered uiscale value in Options.ini?  If not, can you provide more information?

Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 19 of 41 (3,279 Views)

Hero

I can send you guys my save if that helps and no, I didn't change that value.

I've noticed that some of my photos in my Sims inventory are now black again. I didn't have them on the wall or anything. Took them and some of them went black.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 41 (3,271 Views)