Re: [GTW] Photographs are black

by Geniija

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Photographs are black

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Photos that I have taken with the photo studio (especially those with filters) appear black after I have shut down my game and rebooted it. Also, the option to add filters to your photos after they have already been taken turns my photos black too. It's as if the photo itself has been lost. Photos taken with the camera are fine, as long they don't have any filters. I have disabled my mods, and even taken out my mods folder, but nothing has worked. 

It is a huge pain! 

Message 1 of 41 (21,580 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Black Photos/Blank Paintings

[ Edited ]
Hero

It's a known issue on Macs atm

You need to turn ôf Retina Display in your options and then it should be back to normal

EDIT: I'm going to lock this thread as it seems it's fixed for PC.

If you have the issue for mac, please post here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/WORKAROUND-MAC-Black-photos/td-p/5660969/jump-to/first-unread-...

If you have it on PC, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 41 of 41 (17,807 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I thought it might be because the pictures came from a photo studio on a retail lot, but that is not the case. Also, it definitely is only happening to pictures with filters. 

Message 2 of 41 (21,489 Views)

Hero

What's your graphic card ? Are you playing in laptop mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 41 (21,486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Shoot, I knew I was forgetting something. I am playing in laptop mode, as my laptop only has integrated graphics. I will see if it is laptop mode that is causing the issue. 

UPDATE: Laptop mode doesn't seem to be the issue. The problem still persists. 

Message 4 of 41 (21,481 Views)

Hero

Added

Could you add your basic computer specs to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 41 (21,476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
All the photos I took and put filters on all of sudden turned black on me.

AMD A10-5800

I have no mods or cc. I repaired game and still didn't change the pictures.
Message 6 of 41 (21,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
My pictures are turning black too. TONS of them. More and more as I open my game. Makes me scared to play! I miss my pictures of the teens as babies and all the stuff in between! I tried selecting the affected frames from my walls and placing them back on the spot they were in, as I've seen suggested before, but this did not work for me. And I THINK but I'm not certain that sometimes a certain one or two pics will be restored to their former glory after restarting the game or my laptop, but, say, ten more have gone to the dark side. Sometimes I pick pics up from a sims inventory and they turn black when I place them on the wall. Sometimes vice versa. Causing me huge problems Frown Any ideas? (PS no mods or cc, tried all sorts of things like turning off and on move objects, and I have taken many, MANY photos. Maybe that's why they're turning black, can't handle so many? Idk!!)(PPS I've tried creating copies of the photos to see if their copy would be colorful. Didn't work.)(PPPS :D Now I've been noticing that when I drag a colorful photo from a sim's inventory, it changes to black the moment my mouse leaves the inventory panel thingy. Put it back and it appears totally normal. Also having troubles with photos turning black when changing filters after the photo was taken. Grrrr)
Message 7 of 41 (21,452 Views)

Hero

Need to know everyone's graphics card and if you're on PC or Mac.

Please edit your original post to add that info

@indiechan @Geniija @magicme4492 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 41 (21,442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

My card is a GT 120 Nvidea with settings on Ultra.

This is happening to me to. Also stores uploaded to the exchange are having the same issue of the pictures going black. I'm not using any cc or mods and am patched to the latest patch. I think this is more of a bug then anything.

Using Pc Desktop

Windows Vista

Message 9 of 41 (21,434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

According to this thread at mts, this can be caused by having set the uiscale option in Options.ini to something other than 100. See also this followup thread: for that same user, the photos worked after setting that option back to normal.

E: Forgot to say; this was without any CC they said.

Message 10 of 41 (21,199 Views)