Re: [GTW] Physician missing/not able to transfer patient case

by XQueenofHe4rtsX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Not able to transfer patient case

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

In the medical profession, the physician seemingly disappears from the hospital which makes it impossible to transfer patient cases during that particular shift. They usually reappear for the next shift.

When he/she is there, patient cases are unable to be transferred within the room with the analyzing machines. Upon queuing the command to transfer the patient case, the command instantly disappears. I've found that chatting with the physician and leading them out of the lab and in to the lobby with the "go here together" command allows me to transfer patient cases. A minor problem, but a very annoying one. 

Message 1 of 23 (9,106 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [GTW] Not able to transfer patient case

Hero

This should be fixed with Patch 1.5.149

I'm going to put a solved on it but please feel free to give feedback if it's not solved.

This is about the transfer patient. The no doctor on duty has a thread here now: 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Birth-at-hospital-not-possible-No-Staff-on-duty/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 14 of 23 (5,842 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Interesting. I had this issue too

I think they might disappear though cause their shift is over. I had one day where there was no one there at all.

I'll add this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (9,064 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

HI, Just letting you know that I've found a lot of forum posts on the doctor career. Basically having this issue along with other issues. I've complied a list for convenience.

-Doctors leaving @ 9 am and no one coming in for the next shift.

-The nurse stands in a room for hours on end and doesn't do anything. 

-The assistant at the desk doesn't interact with the patients at all or check them in. 

-Usually on average there is only those three workers (not including my sim) at the hospital.

Its a little disappointing, but if fixed with a bug I believe the doctor career could be one of the best ever Standard smile Hopefully they address this and come up with a patch.

Message 3 of 23 (9,041 Views)

Hero

Please don't compile. Please read instruction posts on how this forum works. 

Need one thread per issue.

I also need YOU to experience the issue and not someone else since you need to be able to answer my question.

I do no think any of the things you listed are bugs though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (9,027 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am also unable to transfer cases without luring the Doctor into the hall. Thanks for the tip OP, before that I had no idea what to do. Thankfully a quick repair fixed the doctor leaving, he now stays until the end of the shift.

Message 5 of 23 (8,994 Views)

★★★ Novice

OK. I am having the issue of my doctors never being at the clinic and being unable to transfer case to them.  If you would like me to make separate post for each of the other issues, I will.  You seem to have misunderstood what I was saying. I am having the issue, but I am certainly not the only one. Standard smile

Message 6 of 23 (8,958 Views)

Hero

@i-am-a-princess wrote:

HI, Just letting you know that I've found a lot of forum posts on the doctor career. Basically having this issue along with other issues. I've complied a list for convenience.

@-Doctors leaving @ 9 am and no one coming in for the next shift.

-The nurse stands in a room for hours on end and doesn't do anything. 

-The assistant at the desk doesn't interact with the patients at all or check them in. 

-Usually on average there is only those three workers (not including my sim) at the hospital.

Its a little disappointing, but if fixed with a bug I believe the doctor career could be one of the best ever Standard smile Hopefully they address this and come up with a patch.

Ok, doing this one by one Standard smile

1. This is ok to post here. Someone posted having luck by repairing the game
  2. Not sure. What level is your doctor at ? For me they didn't do much while I was at a low level since I had the task to do the nurse normally does (mopping poodles, making beds)
  3. Don't think that is a bug. It's either not their job to check them in or that only starts to happen on higher levels
  4.  I think that's all we get. So I don't think that's a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 23 (8,946 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had this problem for a little while, too. It went away after I made friends with the doctor. I'm not sure if this is a fix or not, since I did it on a new game file.

Message 8 of 23 (8,853 Views)

★ Novice
There just seem to be inconsistencies from shift to shift.
Examples:
1. One shift, the doctor would automatically diagnose patients for me, but 95% of the time, they never actually leave the lab.
2. Sometimes the patients will just walk over to a bed and check themselves in, most of the time they won't. Not sure if the receptionist is responsible for that or not.
3. The nurse will either stand in one place for the entire shift and do nothing, or will walk around making beds, cleaning, etc.

Up to this point, I'm still clueless as to what the point of the receptionist actually is besides just making it realistic. Also the level of my sim in the profession doesn't seem to change the flow of the shift. So to sum it up, I have a different experience almost every shift and I'm not sure if that's normal or if something's wrong. It's confusing, but still enjoyable nonetheless.
Message 9 of 23 (8,836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Mine left on the hour their shift was supposed to start. My Sim's shift started at 7AM and the Physician was already there. Then the Physician left at 9AM, which is when their shift is supposed to start (according to their career info in their Sim info window). Also was unable to transfer the patient case until the Physician was out of the lab.

Message 10 of 23 (8,675 Views)