[FIXED] [GTW] No co-workers at science lab

by Raegaann

Original Post

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [GTW] No co-workers at science lab

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Crin,  I noticed something with the Science Lab...When my sims goes to work at the Lab, I noticed that the build button is enabled without me needing to set bb.enablefreebuild and it was not like that prior to this missing coworker issue.  Also the manage worlds button is disabled (I don't remember if that's how it's always been or if this is also wonky).  Can you check yours to see if it's letting you build without freebuild on?  I know you said you couldn't recreate the issue with all packs minus GF, but if you still have to type that cheat to edit the science lot, then that is what's different between yours and mine (mine should not be allowing the lot edit without the cheat).   

Message 31 of 123 (3,462 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I quickly checked my save for the doctor career (currently don't have a save with one at the scientist) and it's not active for me.

I've changed this to open now. It does seem to be an issue with some packs or pack combination.

I'll let QA figure out the rest.

Thanks for your input though @DandelionsAdrift

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 123 (3,449 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue. 

I've tried with and without CC. 

My fiancé doesn't have any problem. Only difference in our games, I own jungle adventures and Seasons. She doesn't. 

I even went so far as to delete the Get to work expansion and force the client to download it again. No dice. 

Message 33 of 123 (3,429 Views)

★★★★ Pro

In one save my sim had only one co worker, the receptionist. I tried again in a different save and there were co-workers there. Both saves were older saves, but in both saves the Sim just started the Scientist career after I installed Get Famous. I have all the packs, my game is up to date and I have no mods/cc.  What I ended up doing in the save that there was only a receptionist was to exit without saving, then I went into other households in that save and I had other sims join the Scientist career. When my sim then went to work after I did that, the original receptionist was still there, though in another position, and the Sims I had join the career were also there so that may be a work around. 

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

Message 34 of 123 (3,418 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@DandelionsAdrift wrote:

Crin,  I noticed something with the Science Lab...When my sims goes to work at the Lab, I noticed that the build button is enabled without me needing to set bb.enablefreebuild and it was not like that prior to this missing coworker issue.  Also the manage worlds button is disabled (I don't remember if that's how it's always been or if this is also wonky).  Can you check yours to see if it's letting you build without freebuild on?  I know you said you couldn't recreate the issue with all packs minus GF, but if you still have to type that cheat to edit the science lot, then that is what's different between yours and mine (mine should not be allowing the lot edit without the cheat).   

@crinrictBuild mode has been enabled at the science lab for a very long time. Not sure when it happened but I think it was via a patch (?) that unlocked the items used on the lot. I have not played either the doctor or detective career in a long while so I cannot say if it is the same on those lots.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 35 of 123 (3,411 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I’ve always noticed the science lab can be edited in build mode without cheats. I thought it was because some of the work tasks require you to transform items and therefore you can fix any issues caused by that by editing the lot in build mode. 

Best regards,

Jennifer 

Message 36 of 123 (3,408 Views)

Hero
Might be by design. One of these things I don't pay great attention to but it's very possible that they made it available for the reasons outlined above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 123 (3,369 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] No co-workers at science lab

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 123 (3,233 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Further to the original report of no co-works at the science lab, in the save where I did the work around and had sims in the world join the career, which then meant that there were co-workers at the lab, I also noticed that there were no 'tourists' in the little area outside the science lab (my sim had a work task to 'insult a tourist' and I checked twice during the day and there was no one there.  In the past when I've had that task, there were sims down in the area to the right, where there are picnic tables and a bbq. My sim had other work tasks he could do, so this didn't affect his ability to complete his work tasks, but it still doesn't seem to be working as it used to, at least in the save that originally had an issue with no co workers.

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 39 of 123 (3,222 Views)

★★★ Novice

I haven't checked about the 'tourists' but now that you mention it I should check to see if my save has them. I remember having to Talk To and Use SimRay actions on outsiders. While it isn't necessarily a big deal, it can prove to be one if all your tasks include NPCs in which none have spawned inside or out of the workplace.

An easy fix would be to allow you to skip tasks like you can whims. This could prevent getting stuck and losing pay because of a bug and/or glitch.

@MapleSimmer wrote:

Further to the original report of no co-works at the science lab, in the save where I did the work around and had sims in the world join the career, which then meant that there were co-workers at the lab, I also noticed that there were no 'tourists' in the little area outside the science lab (my sim had a work task to 'insult a tourist' and I checked twice during the day and there was no one there.  In the past when I've had that task, there were sims down in the area to the right, where there are picnic tables and a bbq. My sim had other work tasks he could do, so this didn't affect his ability to complete his work tasks, but it still doesn't seem to be working as it used to, at least in the save that originally had an issue with no co workers.

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 40 of 123 (3,151 Views)