Re: [WORKAROUND] [GTW] No co-workers at science lab

by ShoManji

Original Post

★★ Guide
I am having the same problem, unfortunately and I have no custom content installed. I have only Sims Base Game, Spa Day, Laundry Day, Get to work (obviously) and now Strangerville. I have uninstalled and re-installed, repaired etc to no avail. Although I have placed sims into the science career, it seems it is bugged as in, the sim can't ask the other co worker for a crystal etc.
Message 111 of 123 (1,733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had this same problem with Get to Work (obviously), Cats & Dogs, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, and Cool Kitchen Stuff. In terms of CC/mods, I have some hairs, body presets, and a sane telescope (as opposed to that colossal observatory). I created and moved in a new household, had them all join the science career, then saved and reloaded for good measure. Sure enough, I had my alien "Sim" show up at work the next day and they were there.

Message 112 of 123 (1,719 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] No co-workers at science lab

★★★★★ Guide

Now that you mention it I don't recall seeing any tourists around either and I had that as my work task and I couldn't complete it. The only Sim spawning task that worked was the aliens but I already know who the disguised aliens are in my game.

Message 113 of 123 (1,691 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Having read through the whole of this thread, the issue seems to be arising from the fact that for whatever reason, the science career is unable to generate new sims to fill the vacant coworker spaces, unlike the other two active careers, so would it be possible to mod the game into generating new sims to fill them ? I don't know anything about modding on the sims, but surely that can't be too complicated a fix ? I also read somewhere that the issue may be being compounded by the fact that after the GTW update the game might have started culling sims way more than it used to, although i'm not sure if this is true or not. 

I'm not sure how to deal with the tourists not spawning, but at least having the co-workers generate again would fix some of the major issues with being able to complete tasks etc.  

Message 114 of 123 (1,678 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] No co-workers at science lab

★★★★ Apprentice

Work Around to create a scientist household worked for me. Might not be a viable solution if you are one to fill every lot, in every, town. I've never fill my entire game. Anyway, I will be uploading the WELDON family (with Alien), to the gallery, in a few minutes.

Message 115 of 123 (1,547 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well i tried it is not working so far sadly 

Message 116 of 123 (1,541 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, I am a bit confused.

So if stated workaround, there will be no code fix added to the game?

or is this considered temporary fix till a coding solution can be put in place?

Message 117 of 123 (1,526 Views)

Hero
It's considered a temporary fix until EAMaxis can fix it for good.

It's marked as solved to highlight it on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 118 of 123 (1,506 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Hi, 

Reinstalled the game after a year again and had the same problem - no NPCs at the science lab. After buying the Get Famous Pack the NPS were back. 

Message 119 of 123 (1,393 Views)

★★ Novice

So disappointed that this doesn’t work, is a known bug, yet they continue to sell the pack.  Can i get my money back?

Message 120 of 123 (1,283 Views)