Re: sims 4 get to work- no coworkers

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GTW] No co-workers at science lab

★★ Novice

I have noticed this problem has been going on for a VERY long time now according to the thread. Hopefully EA can fix it. I am also having the same problem where my sim shows up to work in the science career and there are no coworkers, not even a receptionist. I have never played in this career before and don't use the GTW careers very often so I have no idea how long this problem has been going on. I do have custom content in my game and some game play mods. I have Kids Room, Cool Kitchen, Spooky Stuff, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Get to Work, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Cats and Dogs and any free content we have been given. Does anyone have any solutions until EA fixes the problem?

Message 101 of 123 (1,374 Views)

★★ Novice
I also forgot to say that my sim shows up to work in a formal dress instead of a lab coat. I tried to cheat and change it, but the outfit is no longer available in CAS.
Message 102 of 123 (1,371 Views)

Hero

Hi @simmingavery 

that has it's own thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-GTW-Sims-are-wearing-wrong-outfits-career/td-p/7541495/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 103 of 123 (1,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I posted something earlier about some possible bugs with get to work from the fame perks.  My question does anyone having the issue have Strangervilliie and not get Famous keep in mind when story mode is active the game may be placing the sims that are qualified to work in the science lab into the secret science lab career that is only available for the NPC's.  I also remember when I went to work with Get Famous installed and Strangervillie I just installed it, so the story was active.  I have noticed there has been a drop off of employees with the science career, when certain stages of the strangervillie story is active, but once it is complete everything returns to normal.

Edit: fixed my wording so it made more sense.

Message 104 of 123 (1,338 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue here. I first thought it was on my part, but after some testing it seems that ONLY the science career is broken.

As in, my macbook (Macbook Pro) is updated and I have even uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, and booted it up without any additional mods or custom content. I have all my packs, which are Cats and Dogs, City, Get to Work (obviously), Vampires, and the vanilla base game. I have done everything I can, but the thing is ONLY the science career is broken. The doctor career and detective work fine (i tested) and beside the lag of animations (which I know is probably due to the age of my computer) we are here with a science career without any coworkers and sans the outfits. Like, is it me? 

Message 105 of 123 (1,325 Views)

sims 4 get to work- no coworkers

★★★ Newbie

Good afternoon,

I have downloaded the Get to work expansion pack for the Sims 4 but there are no co-workers in the lab for the science career. There are co-workers however in the detective and doctor careers. I have updated and repaired the game with no result. I also created a new world but there are still no other sims in the lab. I also don't use any mods. 

Im not sure if this is caused by a bug or a glitch but there are other users taht have experiences this problem. I was just wondering if there is a way to fix it.

Message 106 of 123 (1,232 Views)

Re: sims 4 get to work- no coworkers

Hero

Hi @ellak102003 

this is a known bug.

I merged your post with exiting thread on the issue

Please refer to the solution post for a temporary workaround.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 107 of 123 (1,210 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Having the same issue on xbox. I will add that, before I got seasons (spring/summer last year was the last time I played) all the work locations worked fine. I had played all the careers with no issues at all. I had vampires, get to work and a couple stuff packs. Whatever is causing this seems to be the result of something that happened between last summer and now. Marking the issue as solved, when it obviously is not seems to be a pattern. It is not solved. Fix it please. When people pay hundreds of dollars for a game and expansions, they kind of would like a product that actually works?

Message 108 of 123 (1,189 Views)

Champion
It's not solved - it's marked as [Workaround] - but that's the only way they can sticky the post that will help people work around the issue until it is fixed.
Message 109 of 123 (1,174 Views)

Hero

Also on top of what @simvasion pointed out, there's also issue that are solved on PC but not on console as they are not in-sync. For the moment it's fine to post in open PC threads even though you're on console but for issues that are fixed on PC but not console, it's best to create separate threads.

For this issue, it's fine to post here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 110 of 123 (1,153 Views)