Re: [GTW] No co-workers at science lab

by languster

Original Post

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [GTW] No co-workers at science lab

★★★ Newbie

I don't even have a receptionist.  It's just me alone in the Science Lab in Oasis Springs.  I use English and have no mods.  Crazy.

Message 81 of 123 (2,047 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just recently started having this issue with my game on a new save.  No mods or significant changes other than the official patches.  Never experienced it before and I have had multiple Science playthroughs.

But after the Lunar New Year patch I don't have anyone else at the lab.  I do not have Get Famous.  

Message 82 of 123 (2,001 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GTW] No co-workers at science lab

★★★ Newbie

No Co-workers at Science Laboratory

I also experience the lack of Sims/co-workers while accompanying my Sim at the Science Lab.

TheSims4 Digital Deluxe

Windows 10

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, yadda, yadda...

All recommended updates...

Origin v10.5.34.21025 - 0 [at current, 2019.02.11]

The following were purchased, downloaded and installed via EA's Official Origin GUI

• Base Game
    • The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe
  • Expansion packs
    • Cats & Dogs
    • City Living
    • Get to Work
  • Game Pack
    • Outdoor Retreat
  • Stuff Packs
    • Luxury Party Stuff

I want work-friends.  And points.   Mostly points.  So, whatever could be done to resolve this issue stat would be appreciated.

Sim-ing Off!

-- 

Message 83 of 123 (1,951 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hi there,

The Sims 4 (PS4) version 1.13

Expansion Packs

Get To Work

Get Together

City Living

Cats and Dogs

Seasons

Game Packs

Vampires

Parenthood

Dine Out

Stuff Packs

Vintage Glamour Stuff

Backyard Stuff

Kids Room Stuff

Toddler Stuff

Cool Kitchen Stuff

Laundry Day Stuff

This could very well be my fault but ever since the latest update, my Science Lab is empty. There are no co-workers. I've tried to send my Sims to work with and without me and also tried to make my Sims Socialize with Coworkers hopping that would make the game generate new NPC's but no dice.

I regularly remove the Sims I don't like from Household Management but the game always used to regenerate new Coworkers. Now it hasn't and other than making them myself I feel that I can't think of another way to force the game into doing it.

Yes, I have edited the Science Lot but It worked for months after that and the feature was enabled so I thought why not.

Message 84 of 123 (1,891 Views)

★ Novice

Incredibly annoying. I've tried by making other townies join the scientist career, but they never show up "at work". Just me at the site. Broken game imo. And traditional EA no fix to a months old problem.

I've got Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work.

Packs - Dine Out, Laundry Day, Cool Kitchen and Perfect Patio

All on PS4.

Message 85 of 123 (1,858 Views)

★★ Novice
Playing on ps4, same issue (among a great many others unrelated to this post)
Message 86 of 123 (1,793 Views)

★ Novice

Well, well, whaddyaknow. The townies decided to show up to work after about a game week. Weird, but at least now I can play the science lab as intended. Too bad I lost my ability to train and discipline my new dog at the same time. Always something...

Message 87 of 123 (1,770 Views)

★ Apprentice

I went around and started some other sims in jobs at the science lab and sure enough got co-workers that way in the game I was playing. Then finally I got the Get Famous ep just last week and sure enough when I started a new game after installing that the science lab was populated. After looking into it - uninstalling Get Famous though does not affect the co-workers as it must leave behind it's keys and why you cannot test the game once Get Famous has been installed - so I still say it is because it was  never installed. I would guess it has something to do with it's registry keys being needed  perhaps.

Message 88 of 123 (1,721 Views)

★ Apprentice

It was also fixed for me after getting Get Famous. So I believe that is the issue.

Message 89 of 123 (1,705 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I think it’s random as I have co workers in one save but not another (the latter is where I did the work around of having other Sims in the world join the career that I’ve mentioned previously). When this happened, I already had all the packs, including Get Famous and it still occurred. 🙂

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 90 of 123 (1,702 Views)