Re: [OPEN] [GTW] No co-workers at science lab

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
There's been a report for no tourist a while ago: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GTW-No-Tourists-or-Broken-Computers-Spawn-in/m-p/6...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 123 (4,809 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Thanks for the link @crinrict, I’ll be sure to add a ‘Me Too’ over there. 🙂

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 42 of 123 (4,778 Views)

No other co-workers at work (Get to work Expansion)

★ Novice

I have all other expansions except "Get Famous" my sim is a scientist and every time he gets to work, he's the only one there, so the goal of "Get to know other co-workers" is irrelevant and it's actually harder to progress further on because it used to be easy to get things from other co-workers but now it's just plain boring. I do use CC but I've used CC in the past and it was working fine. I'm going to check one by one to see if any of the mods conflict due to the new "Get Famous" expansion. But is there any other solutions or maybe you've experienced the same thing and want to give a little wisdom my way?.

Thank you for reading this.

Message 43 of 123 (4,712 Views)

Re: No other co-workers at work (Get to work Expansion)

Hero

Hi @XxXSoUlMaTeXxX

it's a known issue. I merged your post with the existing bug thread for it

Please take a minute to click the me too post on the first post of this thread.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 123 (4,687 Views)

Career of Scientist with problems.

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Stuff Packs, Game Packs and Expansion Packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the Career of Scientist of the expansion Get To Work
What happens when the bug occurs? Only my sim and the receptionist appears on the job lot. Where are the other scientists? This is the bug!
What do you expect to see? A dirty child who needs a shower.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello,

Today I went to accompany my sim on the work of the Get To Work expansion scientist. Only one thing bothered me, where are the other scientists who should be on the job lot? Only my yes and the receptionist appeared! Mine sim needs to complete the work by contacting some scientists to ask for a metal and DNA sample. The receptionist I get the DNA sample but the metal only gets only with a scientist available in the lot besides my yes. A long time ago I did play in this career and when I played the lot of work it was always full of scientists. Already repair the game on Origin is the problem still remains.

Message 45 of 123 (4,664 Views)

★ Guide

I will keep my sim in this career, but I will not accompany her at work until the problem is fixed.

Message 46 of 123 (4,622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

the work around that worked for me re: no coworkers at the science lab, was to go into other households in the world (I went into unplayed households) and have a sim from each of four or five different households join the career. When I did that, those sims showed up at the science lab, which allowed my sim to do the work tasks that involved coworkers. 🙂

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 47 of 123 (35,224 Views)

★ Novice

Me too. I don't have any mods or cc. I tried repair game, reset The Sims 4 folder, I started a complete new game . Everything with no results.

Message 48 of 123 (4,595 Views)

Hero
Did you try @MapleSimmer suggestion above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 123 (4,593 Views)

★ Novice

I am experiencing this problem as well, to my knowledge only in a new save made after the Get Famous patch was released. The way that I have "fixed" it is by making new sims and having them get a job in the scientist career. The sims I have made so far have showed up to work. I know this is just a band-aid, but hopefully it will help some people.

Message 50 of 123 (4,452 Views)