Re: Sims 4 No Coworkers

by alanmichael1

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@SDPhantomGamer

Hello, I justed tested your save. Right after loading the science lab, only your Sim and the receptionist where there, so I definitely see the problem. But only 5 seconds later the 4 other co-workers spawned in front of the building and started to work (see attached screenshot). As many posters here don't use mods/CC and have repaired their games and I play with all packs, the problem may be caused by:

- a certain pack not installed (GF?)

- certain language versions (I play in German)

- a certain hardware configuration

I think the EA team should test this.

Message 11 of 123 (5,064 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thank you @alanmichael1 for testing the save. Really appreciate it.

Any info on this would be great: I also tested this in a old save of mine and had no issues.

So adding to the questions asked above (relisting)

• Which packs do you have (please list them all) ?
  • Does this only happen on old saves or also if you start a new one ?
  • Did you ever have any custom content or mods ?
  • What language do you play in ?
  • Did you try with just one Sim or multiple ? Also multiple households ?

I tested this issue yesterday: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-GF-No-employee-at-the-stylist-station-in-an-actor-care... which is a bit similar and I've also seen reports where people say all actors arrived and then immediately left. I wasn't able to duplicate either as the employees spawned immediately when I came back.

(For those of you who have already answered these questions, could you edit your posts and add answers to the others so we have all info in one post per user. Thanks)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 123 (5,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I reloaded the save. The receptionist and I still have the entire place to ourselves throughout the entire workday. Someone else mentioned earlier this might be related to Get Famous not being installed. I already listed which packs I'm running.

"Language versions" aren't a thing in most modern games (The Sims 4 included). Localization is handled using looking up IDs in string tables instead of being hard-coded constants. The difference being, each language has a different table while the game logic all reference the same ID for the string they link to. Traditional games that had localization hard-coded would often have older versions shipped out for non-native translations because translation takes time and development is an ongoing process.

Hardware config is more tied in with stability than game logic. That's just the nature of hardware, it either works, or fails spectacularly.

Message 13 of 123 (5,004 Views)

Hero
There were issues in the past that only occurred on certain languages before (don't think this one is but you never know). It was more string related, often when the same translation was used for different things but I know why @alanmichael1 included that in the questions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 123 (4,999 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It was more focused on reasons that can be ruled out in this case. There are sometimes translation errors, translated strings being assigned the wrong ID, etc. This isn't one of those cases.

PS: I ran some more tests with an old save, and it appears this only affects new games or saves that already showed symptoms of this issue. Other related issues may pop up if you continue to play an old save, such as preventing new coworkers appearing to replace old ones. That would require more testing.

My old save did have some script mods and custom tuning, most of which I made myself. I unloaded them for this test and they weren't present in my previous testing.

Message 15 of 123 (4,994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

The Sims 3 and 4 have quite a long tradition of "language version bugs" - I remember a complete computer freeze in the GTW doctor career exclusively for Polish and German players. But in this case I believe that the bug is caused by GF not being installed.

Message 16 of 123 (4,984 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So I tested this with no GF installed

New save, downloaded Sim .. must be a different pack if it's pack related.

Coworkers.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 123 (4,902 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [GTW] No co-workers at science lab

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem.  I only had 1 coworker (a receptionist).  So I tried replacing the building, quitting then reapplying for the job and so on.  Eventually, I deleted the sims 4 folder in My Documents>Electronic Arts and did a Repair Game via Origin.  Then I started a new game with nothing copied into it and turned mods and scripts off.  Then I made a new sim, went to work as a Scientist and now have 0 coworkers (it's like a ghosttown in that big building).  It was working fine several days ago.  P.S. I do not have Get Famous so it has to be an issue with the updates.  Pretty frustrating.  

Message 18 of 123 (4,805 Views)

Hero
Could you list all the packs you have (or don't have if that list is shorter)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 123 (4,801 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I don't have Get Famous 

Message 20 of 123 (4,798 Views)