Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] No co-workers at science lab

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs Get To Work City Living Parenthood Laundry Day Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the science career.
What happens when the bug occurs? In one of my saves there are no coworkers at the science work lot. In another, there is only the receptionist.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see lab technicians so I can successfully complete the tasks of the work day. Ex: Chat with coworkers, ask a coworker for a metal/crystal, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have attended this career for several days and on my main save, there are still no coworkers appearing so I cannot successfully complete my work days. I already tried repairing the game, removing my custom content, reinstalling the game, and resetting my Sims 4 folder. I don't know what else to try.

Message 1 of 123 (44,176 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 No Coworkers

[ Edited ]
Hero

Coworkers are now spawning for the Science career. Yes, they missed you too.

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 121 of 123 (9,046 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
this is happening to me too
Message 2 of 123 (44,027 Views)

★★ Novice

This is also happening to me and I have no custom content or mods in my game

Message 3 of 123 (44,014 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same here, I have no cc or mods though. Feels really bad to show up at work to see all three tasks involve coworkers meaning I'm only getting * pay that day.
Message 4 of 123 (44,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

There was another thread in tech here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-Scientist-career-empty/td-p/7175504

The user there solved the issue by repairing the game

If that doesn't help, would you guys be willing to share your saves ?

Could you also all start a new save (no mods/cc) and check if it works there for testing purposes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 123 (43,963 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I've been having this problem as well. Repaired game, wiped the settings folder located at "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4", and started new saves. Issue still persists.

I've tested this several times and my findings vary between no coworkers spawning to only the receptionist showing up. I did experience one time where a single lab technician spawned along with the receptionist, but it reverted to returning the same results as before in the following tests.

Save file here: (This one has the receptionist and no lab technicians)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VXpTAgR_x3_oQ-Oy0IJF3Q5op6Tx0jrR
Message 6 of 123 (43,929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I was curious and started a new vanilla save to test this. Just arrived at the science lab and everybody is there (4 scientists and the receptionist).

The OP doesn't have Get Famous, what about the others? Perhaps that makes a difference.

Message 7 of 123 (43,885 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I only have Get To Work, Get Together, Vampires, Perfect Patio Stuff, and Spooky Stuff.
Message 8 of 123 (43,824 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have all Expansion Packs but Get Famous, all Game Packs and spooky stuff and i try to repair the game, did full uninstall and reinstall, tryed it on many saves, and deleteed the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder, i use mods but try it with no mods and that did not work too

Message 9 of 123 (43,805 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GTW] No co-workers at science lab

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this problem. I have tried going back multiple days. I have tried starting a new save file. I have tried creating a new Sims 4 file. I do not use mods or cc. I don't know what else to do. 

Message 10 of 123 (43,756 Views)