Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] New hair swatches add triangles to Sims' eyes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the packs and kits except for Journey to Batuu and Courtyard Oasis.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a Sim in CAS and pick the hairstyles shown in the screenshots.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some swatches add weird triangles to the Sims' eye corners.
What do you expect to see? I expect the hair swatches to change the hair color only without doing anything else.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the patch 1.75.125.1030

There are weird triangles in the eye corners of the sims.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 9 (1,447 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] New hair swatches add triangles to Sims' eyes

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am so happy this has been fixed in my game in the recent patch. Thank you so much! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (730 Views)

All Replies

Re: New Hair Swatches Affect Facial Features

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ImKersha Since someone else made a thread about the eyelashes here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Eyelashes-change-color-to-match-hair-color/m-p/10376629 could you edit this to be for the triangles only (since they are probably unrelated it's still one thread per issue)

I might merge the triangle issue with this though: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CAS-S-Dread-Hairstyle-leaves-triangle-textures-on-Sims-Ey... but need to get some info from a CM first what they want to do

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Done! But if you decide to merge it with the mentioned post, you have to rename it first. The hairstyles I provided are not dread hairstyles, and it's not about Seasons EP only. But I definitely like the idea of merging these two. Maybe it'll make the issue more noticable?

Message 3 of 9 (1,410 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ImKersha  of course.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,398 Views)

Re: New hair swatches add triangles to Sims' eyes

★ Guide

I noticed this too. The hair this happens on is ymHair_EP01PartedFlat in all the new color swatches. It looks like part of the hair texture is bleeding over onto the texture space where the eye is.

To confirm, I took the hair's texture and layered it over a base skin template, and part of the hair's color does go over the eye area.
hair oopsie.jpg

Message 5 of 9 (1,250 Views)

Re: [GTW] New hair swatches add triangles to Sims' eyes

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I noticed this too when I changed the colour of my sim's hair from Get To Work. There is a brown mark in the corner of his eye (see picture). I really hope this is fixed soon as I love the new hair colours. 

Message 6 of 9 (984 Views)

Re: [GTW] New hair swatches add triangles to Sims' eyes

★ Guide

I notice it after the hair swatches update

Message 7 of 9 (867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am so happy this has been fixed in my game in the recent patch. Thank you so much! Standard smile

Message 8 of 9 (731 Views)

Hero
@annaliese39 Guess I missed this one as we had two thread :D

Thanks for bumping

Marking this as fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (723 Views)