[FIXED] [GTW] New fence issues since update

by rumbutter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] New fence issues since update

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

game is up to  date do not yet have luxury party pack  but in build mode the get to work fences and gates seem to be having  an issue the gate must be placed on a shorter fence *face palm*

i know i had built a room in a basement( image 3 original build)  when gtw was released  with that fence and gate and i had saved a copy of the house to my library i placed that house in game and the gate is missing i.e. as if  it was never there image 4

now even if one builds a smaller fence  places the gate then replaces the fence with the original the gate does not remain

edit to add and have done the new game new sims issue is still there

gtw fence.pngUntitled1.png

cell.png

gtw gate ingame.png

Message 1 of 14 (10,810 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GTW] New fence issues since update

Hero (Retired)

As of the 9/12/17 patch, the Be Prepared Security Gate is now fixed.

View in thread

Message 13 of 14 (8,130 Views)

All Replies

Re: [GTW] New fence issues since update

Hero

Added this

Also tagging @BryonyRae to see if she knows about this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (10,729 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I was able to reproduce the issue.  As a work around, if you turn bb.moveobjects on, you can then place the gates.  I was able to save the lot to my library with the gates on, and when I bulldozed and then replaced it from the library, the gates remained (tested with bb.moveobjects on and off), so you might give that a try. 

Message 3 of 14 (10,725 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@BryonyRae 

tyvm Standard smile  rightho it's off to mOops i go

edit to add accepting BryonyRae's workaround as a solution...did exactly what it said on the tin :D

Message 4 of 14 (10,713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for letting us know that it's functional! I almost decided not to try this because I assumed it was just for appearance. But now I that I know that it worked for you, I'm going to do this work around too. Thanks again. :D

Message 5 of 14 (10,193 Views)

Hero

Is this still an issue ?

@rumbutter @BryonyRae

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (9,869 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

checking now will edit/update this post

@crinrict

edit to add still and issue for me

gate1.pnggate.png

Message 7 of 14 (9,866 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Yes, still an issue - tested it just after the 2/4/16 patch.

Message 8 of 14 (9,690 Views)

★★ Novice

This is still a problem. On top of that, i get the invisible fence bug when I try to place the gate using bb.moveobjects, so that doesn't help either. Is this really something that's that hard to fix? Threads about this bug have been floating around for over a year, it really feels like it's about time EA did something about it. Frown

Message 9 of 14 (9,146 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi! I've had this issue too. It was supposed to be fixed, but is still an issue. Hopefully ea will release a update for it.
Message 10 of 14 (8,454 Views)