Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Lag/Delay/Freeze in Detective Career (Police Station Lot)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Lag and Delay in police station (only)

Hero

Hi @SimQARobo

afair, the station I test was not edited but I can't say for sure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 30 (1,452 Views)

Re: Lag and Delay in police station (only)

★★ Guide

Hi @SimQARobo,

I am almost 100% sure I haven't edited any of the Get To Work lots, as I have seen others have problems when they have changed things.

It has been quite a while since I have played this household, I have cycled through over 40 households since the last time when it was working properly. I do use mods, but I don't think any would effect the lot. They are mods that are very popular and I haven't seen others who use them have this problem. The bug occurred even when I took my mods folder out as well.

I was going to try and have a sim from another household join the career to see if it still happens, or if there was a way to reset or replace the lot with a fresh version, but haven't had much time to play since I last posted.

Thanks. Standard smile

Message 11 of 30 (1,167 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Lags and freezes in Police Station

★★★★★ Guide

I know this is an old thread, but since the previous thread was archived and still left open, I wanted to make sure this issue was still being addressed and investigated.

I have done the following things so far in regards to trying to resolve Police Station lag/freeze.

- Killed all Sims (Except my own) on the Police Station lot. (This, uh...didn't really happen by my own choice; multiple Sims died as soon as Seasons was installed; multiple characters froze to death when it became Winter and a Blizzard hit the Police Station.)
- Bulldozed entire lot using Free Build Mode and installing a fresh Police station from a New Game.

- Tried running a new game for about a two-week in-game period to test Police Station functionality. (It works for a while, but when new Sims start getting created and added to the Police Career, the slow-down begins to creep up, and then eventually becomes unplayable.)

- Built an entirely new Police Station. (Same result as Bulldozing/Reloading from Library.)

After what I've been hearing with new people working on Sims 4, I am beginning to think that the previous Expansions/Packs will need to be reviewed for functionality again? This issue has been around for a long time, but it would be amazing to see the careers working as intended, or touched up to function with later expansions/packs in mind.

- B

Message 12 of 30 (1,012 Views)

★ Novice
I'm also having this problem and want to know if there's a solution.

Sometimes it takes around 5 seconds for my Sim to move, but other times several minutes. I've found that spamming the pause button over and over helps speed it up but it's still really annoying. It's much worse in the station than at crime scenes. Any fixes?
Message 13 of 30 (995 Views)

Hero

Hi @burin077

as this one doesn't use the bug template yet, could you please create a new thread ? I will then merge this old one into the new one.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 30 (978 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Very well; getting it created now.

- B
Message 15 of 30 (963 Views)

Hero
Thanks. I've merged the threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 30 (949 Views)

★★ Novice
Also have the same problem.
Message 18 of 30 (910 Views)

Hero
Added back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 30 (883 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Is anyone still seeing this after the latest patch ?

@burin077 @AlwaysTheSun @stcc96 @joleaco

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 30 (4,166 Views)