Re: Lag and Delay in police station (only)

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Lag/Delay/Freeze in Detective Career (Police Station Lot)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current Expansions/Packs/Stuff except the following: - My First Pet Stuff - Laundry Day - Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create/Use a Sim and join the Detective Career; play in the career line for about a week or two in-game time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim autonomy while on the Detective career lot slows dramatically; at first it will be a few seconds, but that will eventually turn into minutes. You will experience the following symptoms: - Delays in actions being queued in your sim's action queue. - Long delays in the pop-up menu appearing when selecting objects/sims on the lot. - Long delays in being able to pause/unpause the game. - In extreme cases, other sims will be impossible to interact with as their queues will either be full, or the slow autonomy will prevent them from interacting before the action times out.
What do you expect to see? When on the Detective Career lot, be able to interact/progress on the lot without delays or interruption.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

In additional to the details I have provided above, I have performed the following actions:

- Killed all Sims (Except my own) on the Police Station lot. (This, uh...didn't really happen by my own choice; multiple Sims died as soon as Seasons was installed; multiple characters froze to death when it became Winter and a Blizzard hit the Police Station.)
- Bulldozed entire lot using Free Build Mode and installing a fresh Police station from a New Game.

- Tried running a new game for about a two-week in-game period to test Police Station functionality. (It works for a while, but when new Sims start getting created and added to the Police Career, the slow-down begins to creep up, and then eventually becomes unplayable.)

- Built an entirely new Police Station. (Same result as Bulldozing/Reloading from Library.)

- When I had Mods enabled, I used a commend within that would Reset all Autonomy currently running on the lot. (This seemed to resolve "some" of the lag for a brief period, but it would come back after a few minutes.)

<edit. Merged posts. original thread had 12 me toos>

Message 16 of 30 (3,657 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Lag/Delay/Freeze in Detective Career (Police Station Lot)

Hero

Is anyone still seeing this after the latest patch ?

@burin077 @AlwaysTheSun @stcc96 @joleaco

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 30 (4,152 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] [GTW] Lags and freezes in Police Station

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My game is massive of lag and delays actions when my sims go to work in the police station.That makes me stress. It affects every family in my game.

This problem is in the police station (Detective Career) only....

****Sorry for bad grammar. I'm not native.But I will try to make less.
I try to solve this problem many and many times and method, such update Nvidia, repair game, resetting sims 4 folders, reduce the number of detective by quit job, delete mods, reinstall the game, use cheat code to solve, update the game.
But nothing works....
***But when I start a new game and try to work at the station. It does not have every kind of problem.

please help... thank you....

Message 1 of 30 (4,350 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 30 (4,327 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, Crin

Thanks for your helping
This is the other issue that I do not explain in previous my post.
When I go to police station. This problem will not sudden occur. But It takes some minute and will occur. These problems are  
- Actions: My sims and every co-worker will be stuck and standing for many times. And it takes time so much to be better.... but It will occur again and again.
-Time: While action occurs, Time still passes and go on but involve speed time. The speed time can not chang to faster or slower. When I press to change while the problem occurs. It does not change speed from my order.
-command order list: I can tell It's very delayed. When I command my sims to do something in a station(only). The command order list won't appear suddenly. It takes very very very long time until this problem is better. But not still. This problem will occur again.
It's like the loop...
But in common sims world and the other place of active career (Hospital and Science lab) have never seen or found this problem occur. The game is slip and usual. It occurs with police station only....
This problem is a bit terrible for me. I love this game. I love detective career. And I thank you for your kind, for this helping. I hope this problem will be solved for my loves game

save with mod
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8s6k9n8b876qbrd/peranut89_%28TS4_Save%29.zip

Message 3 of 30 (4,313 Views)

Hero

I'll test as soon as I have time to see if I can duplicate 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 30 (4,305 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for your kind.
I will wait for your advice.

Message 5 of 30 (4,299 Views)

Hero

I can see the freezes you describe.

There is another thread on this somewhere but I can't find it at them moment. 

I fear I can't do much to help you but I'll forward your save ¨to QA.

For the moment only suggestion I have is to not play the police career

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 30 (4,277 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 30 (4,251 Views)

★★ Guide

This has just happened to me too. Only on police station lot. Game locks up for a while then everything starts moving again, but can't accomplish anything. So as it is now, this active career is unplayable for me Frown

I am experiencing:

All sims on lot are "frozen", sometimes they have small movements but nothing is really happening.

Delayed clicking on objects/sims.

Can't fast forward at any speed. 

Delay in pausing game.

Can't complete any daily work tasks because of freezing, have to reset sim to get them moving again. 

I am using the the police station that came with GTW.

Have removed mods/cc.

Have repaired the game.

Have reset folders.

Game fully patched. 

Due to this being a rotational save that I have invested a lot of time in, I can't start a new save so will just have to forget this active career exists and just send the sim alone. Frown

Message 8 of 30 (4,154 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

For anyone encountering this, was the police lot edited or altered in any way?  (Through mods, cc, or the bb.enablefreebuild cheat)

Tagging @joleaco as the most recent poster on this thread.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 30 (4,115 Views)