[FIXED] [GTW] Issue with Lice Cold Retail Freezer

by wulfxor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Issue with Lice Cold Retail Freezer

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This is a relatively minor and non-game-breaking bug but I felt I should report it anyway.

Whenever customers come to my bakery and buy food from the Lice Cold Retail Freezer, about 2/3 of the time they just drop the food on the floor and leave (though they still pay for it). I feel slightly guilty for putting it back in the fridge and selling it again to someone else, but whatever.

Message 1 of 54 (10,506 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [GTW] Issue with Lice Cold Retail Freezer

[ Edited ]
Hero

• The Lice Cold Freezer will now allow Sims to properly route to it in order to make a purchase.

This issue is fixed now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 42 of 54 (6,447 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 Get to Work Bakery Bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

For me that freezer gets vastly ignored by all my customers. 

I'll add this when I have time.

@wulfxor Changed your title a bit

EDIT: Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 54 (10,422 Views)

★ Novice

Hello!!!

My Lice Cold Freezer did this too - I never minded that much, though - 

However, I purchased an additional two freezers for my retail store (admittedly around the same time the last patch updated), and all of the sudden customers are no longer able to purchase items from the freezer (they are however able to open and browse). Customers who have decided to purchase just wander around displaying the 'blocked' thought-bubble until they finally settle on an item that is on display, requiring a staff or family member to ring up the sale. 

I probably should have taken some shots or video before I packed up and sold the store, but it got so frustrating (after reloading, restarting, repairing... all the troubleshoots I could think of) that I gave up and thought I'd try again later (I'd been thinking about splitting my household, so it was a kind of catalyst Wink.

Apologies if this has already been reported - I've read threads and scoured the (large!) list of bugs and googled and haven't found anything related to this specific bug. 

I'm playing on PC running Windows 7. I bought my Sims 4 and GTW as dvd's but for some reason origin made me digital download the games (incredibly annoying considering how * my internet connection is) - and I've not ever installed mods/custom content. 

Message 3 of 54 (10,308 Views)

[GTW] Products go from "for sale" to "not for sale" when put in freezer

★★ Novice

I've noticed that the customers in my bakery no longer picks up the products I put in the freezer, to sell anything at all I need to ring up the customers and that makes them by products from the counter but never the freezer. When I looked more closely I realized that when I make a product available for sale, put it in the freezer and then takes it out again it is no longer for sale. I have no mods installed and prior to a couple of days ago this problem did not exist.

I've also realized that at some occasions I can't ring up the customers even though they tell me to, the message just keeps coming up over and over again but the sign of the shopping cart never appear over their heads, creating a loop that doesn't end.  

The first problem is the one creating the most impact, I have gone from earning almost $2000 a day to not even $300, making it impossible for me to keep the bakery open. 

Best regards,

M

Message 4 of 54 (10,267 Views)

★ Novice

So... I sold the store, split my household, repurchased the retail lot (unfurnished), purchased new freezers and the same thing happens - they can't purchase from them.

Let me know if I can provide any more information, etc... 

Message 5 of 54 (10,242 Views)

Re: [GTW] Products go from "for sale" to "not for sale" when

Hero

This freezer: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Issue-with-Lice-Cold-Retail-Freezer/m-p/4501230 or the display one ?

For your other issue, please see this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Employees-Not-Ringing-Up-Customers/m-p/4453289

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 54 (10,254 Views)

Hero

Could you check if you have a similar issue as described here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Products-go-from-quot-for-sale-quot-to-quot-not-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 54 (10,225 Views)

★★ Novice

The Lice cold retail freezer Standard smile

I've read the thread about my other problem but I don't think that it's concerning quite the same problem as I have, I have no emplyees, it's my sim and his husband working in the bakery.

Message 8 of 54 (10,244 Views)

Hero

Wrong thread. Sorry

This is similar but also not sure if it's the same as yours: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Get-To-Work-Customers-payments-don-t-show-up/m-p/446...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 54 (10,233 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having a similar problem. When I first set up my bakery customers were buying products from the freezer. After a few days they would browse, but when it was time for them to buy they would complain of a blocked path. Some eventually purchased products from the counter but I haven't sold a single item out of the freezer since this started. My bakery is no longer turning a profit.

Message 10 of 54 (10,213 Views)