[FIXED] [GTW] Invention Constructor animation broken/ No Animation

by InvaderJoshDoom

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] Invention Constructor animation broken/ No Animation

★★★★ Apprentice

Still having this problem, July 2023. The constructor builds over my Sim, but the worst bug is that I cannot upgrade any of my inventions. My Sim just gets a routing error. I can't complete work tasks because of it, so I no longer join my Sim when going to work. 

This bug is more than a cosmetic issue - it is actually affecting gameplay.

Oh and as usual, the plants are never ready to harvest or water, so again, my Sim can't complete those work tasks and ends the day with poor work performance. 

Message 121 of 126 (1,166 Views)

Invention Constructor Animation on Sim

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.98.158.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Cats and Dogs, Dream Home Decorator, Discover University, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Tiny Living, Luxury Party Stuff, Fashion Street kit, Everyday Clutter Kit, Desert Luxe Kit, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use Invention Constructor at Scientist Career (my Sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Animation (Laser/Hologram, Smoke, Parts unassembled) all overlap Sim instead of being inside Invention Constructor
What do you expect to see? Animation is within the IC?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I know other people have reported this as it comes up in the search/title creation of this post, but when I go to look for the post it isn't there anymore? Hoping to consolidate the inquiry here. 

I removed my mods from my game and it still was doing it.

It's not a huge problem lmao but it sure is strange.

Message 122 of 126 (1,169 Views)

Re: Invention Constructor Animation on Sim

★ Apprentice

Yeah i've had this issue for years but since it's not game-breaking or anything I've just ignored it. Would be nice if GTW could get a little love though, especially since alien pregnancies are also broken, lol, and I think I saw a thread that alien newborn outfits are also borked.

Message 123 of 126 (1,102 Views)

Re: Invention Constructor Animation on Sim

★★ Apprentice

This is such an obvious and simple bug, yet this thread has 13 pages from 3 years worth of replies. Instead of adding half-hearted and shallow "game packs" with no gameplay, how about fixing the gameplay you broke that at one time worked just fine??

Message 124 of 126 (1,078 Views)

★★ Novice

I was dealing with the upgrade situation as well. I just found out that if I click on the constructor machine to upgrade instead of the invention to upgrade, they'd do it properly. Hope it helps! (And yes, the plant thing is annoying, I even added more plants in hopes that something would need watering!)

Message 125 of 126 (1,044 Views)

Hero

● The Robot on the Invention Constructor will now respond to requests to chat.
● Invention Constructors have been repaired. They now properly display their holographic displays in the construction area and not on top of the Sim operating the device.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 126 of 126 (4,231 Views)