[FIXED] [GTW] Hair/Eyebrow Swatches not reflecting actual colors on Aliens

by Sparkiekong

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Hair and Eyebrow Swatches not reflecting actual colors on Alien

★ Guide

@crinrict - After some testing... I am still having issues with existing toddler aliens. The others seem to be working so far. Trouble is yesterday when I posted... everything was still very messed up but today it seems like it is only affecting existing toddlers. This was all tested without mods and in new saves as well as old saves.

Message 41 of 51 (1,236 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Hair and Eyebrow Swatches not reflecting actual colors on Alien

Hero
I'm glad it's better but I don't believe this is supposed to be fixed.

Waiting for more feedback from others

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 51 (1,217 Views)

★ Guide

yeah, it's definitely still a problem. I'm just not sure what happened between yesterday and today to change things for me. Figured I'd be a good citizen and at least report what I'm seeing now.

Nerd

Thanks for all your help and assistance.

Message 43 of 51 (1,213 Views)

Hero
Always good to know the newest state with an issue :D

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 51 (1,206 Views)

Female alien hair swatches randomized

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, all stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS, create female alien, add any hair, select hair swatch of any kind, and the hair color that appears on the alien Sim's head does not match the swatch. Re-select a hair swatch and it will place a completely different color than was previously incorrect.
What happens when the bug occurs? Hair on Sim's head does not match swatch, not does it appear to have a pattern in its incorrectness.
What do you expect to see? The matching color swatch to appear on the female alien Sim's head.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch released on 4/19/19.

Only occurs on female alien; not on male alien or either gender non-alien Sim.

Message 45 of 51 (1,183 Views)

Re: Female alien hair swatches randomized

Hero

HI @simmingrandomly 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Please click me too on the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 46 of 51 (1,170 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I've just returned to the game after having to replace my hd. I'm still having this issue with my aliens. Totally disappointed that it has not been fixed yet....I've played sims since the first game but am growing disenchanted with the game due to problems not being fixed in a timely manner
Message 47 of 51 (1,140 Views)

Re: Female alien hair swatches randomized

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I'm seeing this in my game as well no mods or cc

Message 48 of 51 (1,107 Views)

Sims 4 hair/eyebrow won't reflect the actual color on aliens like before

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game and stuff packs besides Discover University and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to create an alien on CAS after the current patch update.
What happens when the bug occurs? Hair/eyebrow/facial hair will not display a proper swatch color at all. When I tried to change my alien sim's eyebrow/facial hair. It is stuck with the same color. Changing the hair color seemed to reflect the correct color on certain swatches, but I can not revert back to the original hair color nor change a different hair color When I remove the CC for diagnosis, the swatch reflection on the eyebrows/facial hair seemed to improve slightly, but not fixed Somehow, the CC hair/eyebrows/facial hair seemed to work fine
What do you expect to see? The alien's hair/eyebrow color should correctly reflect the selected swatch
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 12th 2019, I moved the cc folder before the update

I used to be able to reflect a hair/eyebrow/facial hair color to my alien sims before the patch update. Recently it became difficult to create any unique alien sims with large variety of hair color regardless of age, gender and frames, Once I was able to assign the correct hair color, it wouldn't change nor revert back to the previous color. The eyebrows and facial hair gave me the most trouble. However, The bug does not affect regular, vampire, mermaid and spellcaster sims.

So I removed the CC and tested the problem, I found the eyebrows/facial hair color can sometimes reflect the color, but I couldn't get the correct color to reflect like before

Bug Screenshot.png

Turquoise was selected for her eyebrows, but the exact color weren't reflecting properly

Bug Screenshot 2.png

Blue was selected for his soul patch,  the exact color also weren't reflecting properly

Bug Screenshot 3.png

Dark brown was selected for his eyebrows,  Again, the exact color weren't reflecting properly

Without the CC, the hair can correctly reflect the swatch, sadly, even when I remove the CC, the eyebrows/facial hair were still buggy. I would love to create my alien sims again, right now, it was too difficult for me to create them right now.

Message 49 of 51 (980 Views)

Re: Sims 4 hair/eyebrow won't reflect the actual color on aliens like before

Hero
@Rozera4567 I merged your report with existing bug thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 51 (968 Views)