[FIXED] [GTW] Hair/Eyebrow Swatches not reflecting actual colors on Aliens

by Sparkiekong

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Hair and Eyebrow Swatches not reflecting actual colors on the Sim

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, I'm having the same problem with CAS, too. It seems to only affect female alien sims. The most recent patch has not fixed this for me either.

Message 11 of 51 (1,247 Views)

Female Alien Hair Color Bug

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except get famous. No game packs and stuff packs were installed at the time.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim when you first start the game by clicking the play button. From there make a female alien, put any hair on her and then try to change her hair color.
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to choose the hair color that you want to actually use. The color seems to get pick at random no matter what hair color I tried to pick.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to pick the hair color that I actually want to use not some random one.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug only affects female alien specifically. Male alien is not affected by this bug. It seems every time when I try to choose a specific hair color for female alien it's always chosen at random instead of the one that I actually choose. When I swap the hairstyle the hair color seems to change to the one that is displayed on the screen and not the one that I choose.

Message 12 of 51 (1,245 Views)

Re: Female Alien Hair Color Bug

Hero

Hi @Sentinel_VX

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 51 (1,226 Views)

Re: Female Alien Hair Color Bug

★ Guide
Looks like the current issue is only affecting female alien on all life stages, but I can assure you it doesn't affect male alien at all.
Message 14 of 51 (1,218 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Hair and Eyebrow Swatches not reflecting actual colors on Alien

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 51 (1,203 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Hair and Eyebrow Swatches not reflecting actual colors on Alien

★★ Guide

This is happening for me with undisguised aliens both male and female, although female seems a little more random than male.  Hair colour for their disguises work fine.

I have just cleared caches and repaired game to test another issue. No mods/cc, fully patched. Brand new save, brand new sims.

EP - not Seasons or Get Famous

GP- all installed

SP - Backyard, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Spooky and Cool Kitchen installed

Message 16 of 51 (1,180 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

@Mysterious1564  Just toddlers or all your occults ?

@LuvMySimz For all Sims ?

I'm having the same issue but with all my sims. It does seem to happen most often with my aliens which is my only occult but happens with other sims from time to time. I don't use cc. My sims are straight base & packs only.

Message 17 of 51 (1,126 Views)

Hero

Hi @angelette1

is your game updated to the latest version ? Have you tried repairing your game as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 51 (1,109 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same for me!

Male and Female alien eyebrows and hair swatches are completely mixed up. 

Looks like the problem we had with the cat's whiskers swatches.

(no Mods are installed)

Message 19 of 51 (1,099 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict

This is still an issue. It's been showing up on my game as well (I have the latest game version, 1.47.51.1020). I haven't tested it on other age groups but it's a problem for female young adult aliens in CAS.

I was going to post a separate thread, actually, but then I noticed someone else had had this issue.

So it's ongoing.

Message 20 of 51 (1,066 Views)