Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Hair and Eyebrow Swatches not reflecting actual colors on Alien

by cmbaker16

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Hair and Eyebrow Swatches not reflecting actual colors on the Sim

★★★★★ Apprentice
I'm still having issues with my aliens. The hair swatches don't work still! If I try to change the color the swatch color doesn't match what I get. I can go to a different color and return to the first swatch and it will be yet a different random color!
Message 21 of 51 (1,809 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
My game is up to date and repaired. Caches are cleared
Message 22 of 51 (1,807 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm running the latest version of this game and this problem is still present. I've been having it for the past 4 or so updates now.

Message 23 of 51 (1,774 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Hair and Eyebrow Swatches not reflecting actual colors on Alien

★★★★ Novice
I'm having this issue as well. I haven't played an alien in a while, but I went to make one today and noticed that none of the colors I clicked on for hair were matching with the swatch I chose. I hope they can fix this soon.
Message 24 of 51 (1,735 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I hadn't played aliens in awhile and when I made one yesterday had the same issue. The hair color was not the one I was choosing and the colors kept changing every time I rotated through trying to pick a color. I made a YA female and I haven't looked at the males to know if it affects them. However, it wasn't affecting my human sims the chosen hair color appeared as the color it was.

Message 25 of 51 (1,693 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict 

Just checking in with this issue and I'm still seeing it too.

Message 26 of 51 (1,687 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm having this with my aliens as well!
Message 27 of 51 (1,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm not entirely sure if it's the same issue that I'm having, but I'm having issues with hair and eyebrow swatches as well - in my game, it's affected both males and females and all occult life states - vampires, too. I do have to add that the vampire in question had an alien father, so he does have alien genes (and an alien skin color).It affects all ages for me, even (especially actually) toddlers and kids. For me, what I notice most of all is my Sims' hair colors randomly have changed. Noticed this mostly on unplayed Sims. When I go into CAS to change their colors back to what they had, the swatches don't really work well but I do eventually manage to get it working and they'll go out of CAS with their normal hair colors... but it will at some point randomly switch up again. So I'm not sure if it's the same issue exactly, as mine is more about Sims with occult genes changing hair colors out of nowhere, but I do think this has to do with the swatches. Also seemed to affect hybrid Sims most of all, i.e. Sims who had at least one alien parent. The ones most affected for me have been two vampires with alien parents, who have an alien skintone (not alien/vamp hybrids as they were not born through abductions). Might also just look like it affects hybrid Sims more because they're undisguised, though. I don't check up on my alien's forms as much. 

Message 28 of 51 (1,658 Views)

★ Guide

Feb 21 patch update has not fixed this issue for female aliens. (I'm not sure about vamps or vampliens as I don't currently have either in game.) No mods, created in a brand new game and it's still there... it's really rather disappointing that it's still not fixed.

@crinrict 

Thanks. Just dropping the info on here for future reference. 

Message 29 of 51 (1,622 Views)

Alien Hair Colour Changes into Another Colour Than the one I Pick

★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Luxury Party Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, and Holiday Celebration Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When in CAS, put hair on an alien and then change the hair colour.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I change the hair colour of an alien the colour doesn't change to the one I'm picking, it changes randomly. It's the same for aliens of all ages and genders.
What do you expect to see? That the hair colour changes to the hair colour I choose.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The hair colour changes randomly when I choose a hair colour for an alien in CAS.

Message 30 of 51 (1,612 Views)