Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Hair/Eyebrow Swatches not reflecting actual colors on Aliens

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download the family named Lockdown pt 2 from my gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? Hair color and eyebrows will not display the proper swatch color meaning the color picked will not be the color on the hair. Styles are working fine, it's just the colors that aren't. I have removed all CC and still have this issue. It also only seems to be with two female alien toddlers in that family. Other families, ages and races are fine. New alien toddlers seem to be ok as well. The eyebrows react haphazardly sometimes picking a completely opposite color from the swatch even when match hair is on. The alien toddlers in question were born in game from an abduction event.
What do you expect to see? proper color swatch choices reflected in the sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Nov 13 patch

I've tried combinations of different things to resolve this. At this point my only recourse may be to clone the two in question and see if that will fix the issue. However, I really don't want to do that if I don't have to.

I've also attached a couple of images of the two sims where you can see the highlighted swatch isn't the same as the hair color on the sim.

Message 1 of 51 (6,572 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 hair/eyebrow won't reflect the actual color on aliens like before

Hero

Aliens will now display accurate selected options for Eyebrows and Beards in Create A Sim.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 51 of 51 (4,141 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] Hair and Eyebrow Swatches not reflecting actual colors on the Sim

★ Guide

I'm having this issue as-well and it happens with all life occults. Not just aliens. 

Message 2 of 51 (6,395 Views)

★ Pro

I have patched my game this morning and can confirm the hair and eyebrow color issue, with or without CC. 

Message 3 of 51 (6,362 Views)

Hero

@Mysterious1564  Just toddlers or all your occults ?

@LuvMySimz For all Sims ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 51 (6,348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Yes, for all Sims. I saw on twitter that the Gurus are aware of the issue and more like the aging bug and eye bug

Discussion with SimGuruNick on Twitter

Message 5 of 51 (6,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Just wanna keep the cc issue separate for now. Bit unsure at this point :D

I don't have any issues personally with anything else but those alien toddlers and the cat whiskers I tried 

There's definitely something wonky with the swatches though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 51 (6,332 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Just wanted to report that I tried a super fresh reinstall and even tried a new game and brought in the affected alien toddlers and still nothing changes. I then tried to clone them by making an identical twin and the new twin has the same issue as the old ones, so I can't even clone them.

Message 7 of 51 (6,284 Views)

★ Pro

The following post has been made in the Sims 4 Technical Forum by SimGuruModSquad:

"Update: We are testing a change that should correct this issue, at least all cases we are aware of. This fix does not undo the eyebrow fix. Can't give an eta, but we want to get it out sooner rather than later."

The whole conversation between orangemittens (who reported the color swatch issue) and SimGuruModSquad can be found HERE

So all we can do is wait for the fix.

Message 8 of 51 (6,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LuvMySimz @Sparkiekong  @Mysterious1564

How is this working after the patch ?

Cat Whiskers still seem an issue but there's a new thread for that here now: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CD-Can-t-change-color-on-Cat-Whiskers/td-p/7187983/jump...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 51 (5,759 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict

Hi there. Thank you for checking in with us.

The patch seems to have fixed most of the issues that I had. However, the color swatch issue for those two alien toddlers is still there. I tried aging them up in cas via fulleditmode to see if the problem persists and it actually does age up with them. I did try to clone/twin them and it seems like I could potentially fix them by doing this. It's not an ideal fix for me, but it's better than them being potentially forever broken. I had issues a while ago where one of your team suggested using the mannequins to fix my issue and that worked, but I can't try it for the toddlers because they have no mannequins.

The two girls were born of alien abduction in game to the mother who's also in the gallery save along with two human boys who are the cousins of the twin girls. The twin alien girls are the only ones with the problem. I moved a no CC copy of them to the gallery under my id sparkiemonkey and labeled them "Broken Makoto" along with a little description that says something similar. If that will be of any help. (Pretty sure I actually published them this time. lol) I haven't checked any of my other alien toddlers. These two were very important to my legacy story that I was working on.

Message 10 of 51 (5,745 Views)