[FIXED][GTW] Game crashes/freezes during examination in Doctor career

by denniskramarov

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED][GTW] Game crashes/freezes during examination in Doctor career

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When I try to do doctor stuff like taking patients temperature the game crashes. I repaired the game in Origin, took away all mods but nothing changed. Seems to be a bug which needs to be fixed. 

Message 1 of 22 (2,474 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 get to work keeps freezing

Hero

We addressed an issue that could cause the game to freeze while playing the Doctor Career or when hiring a Nanny in some languages.
  • *childish moment* Playing doctor, hehe.

Fixed in Patch 1.26.96

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 22 of 22 (1,393 Views)

All Replies

Re: Get To Work doctor stuff crushes Game

Hero

Do you have any crash log files ? If so, please attach.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (2,450 Views)

Freezing in hospital

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Hello,

when I play the doctor career in hospital, the game freezes completely. When played in full screen mode, there is no way back to the desktop and the PC has to be shut down manually. In windowed mode, you can close the game with the task manager.

The freezing happens while examining the patients. In my game it always happens during the second examination interaction. It plays no role if the interactions happen with one or two patients or if your sim does other things between the examinations.

I haven't played the medical career for months, so I don't know when this started. This bug was first reported by players from Poland on 4 December:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906563/the-problem-of-medical-career#latest

Nobody else on the US forum reported this bug so far, so this may be an exclusive issue of European language versions (I play in German).

I use no mods/CC. Repair game and cleaning the inventory didn't help. I have Windows 10 and a Nvidia graphics card.

PS: The bug is also reported on the German forum:

http://forums.thesims.com/de_DE/discussion/770852/spiel-haengt-auf-krankenhausgrundstueck-nach-cheat...

PPS: I'm sorry, the bug has also been reported here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Get-To-Work-doctor-stuff-crushes-Game/m-p/5740048/hi...

Perhaps we can merge the threads.

Message 3 of 22 (2,443 Views)

Re: Freezing in hospital

Hero

Hi @alanmichael1

I can totally merge those.

There are a few more reports in the German AHQ on this too. I tried it on my game and had no issue but if you say it might be related to the German version, I'm going to try that.

For you it just freezes, not crash ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (2,411 Views)

★★★★ Pro
Hi crinrict,
thank you for your help! My PC just freezes completely, it doesn't crash. I have tried this only with one older save, but I could replicate the bug 6 times in a row ...
Message 5 of 22 (2,406 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sounds like it could be non-english only cause I did test this with the English version. I'll switch language to German tomorrow and see how that goes.

Here's the German thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Die-Sims-4/Sims-4-An-die-Arbeit-hangt-sich-auf/td-p/5740214/jump-to/first-u...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (2,398 Views)

Hero

Fascinating .. duplicated on the German version

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 22 (2,345 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (2,131 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The same problem happens also on Italian version of the game!

Message 9 of 22 (1,954 Views)

Hero

Thanks for letting us know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 22 (1,939 Views)