Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Free restocking in shop

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm running a shop with adventurer outfits and treasures from Selvadorada (relicts, golden masks etc.) in Windenburg. The artifacts are not from the buy catalogue, my Sims have found them during their jungle vacation.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my Sims restock the goods during the shop is open, only the outfits will cost money. Restocking the treasures is for free, although a price for restocking is shown in the interaction menu. When I restock the items after the shop is closed, everything is for free.
What do you expect to see? Restocking should always cost money.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't no yet if this is a specific JA problem or if restocking found or selfmade products is always for free.

PS: I did some further testing and the bug doesn't always happen. When my employee restocked the statues, everything was ok.

PS 2: But even if the costs for restocking are shown correctly in the statistics (the red numbers), it seems that they are not substracted when I close the shop. The shop makes far too much money. I don't understand this system.

Message 1 of 30 (3,360 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Free restocking in shop

★★★★ Pro

Not mentioned in today's patch notes, but it looks like this bug has been completely fixed. Restocking costs from shop owners are now correctly subtracted from the business funds - even after the shop has been closed!! I still have to test mannequins, but I already say thank you to the team. This is great!

View in thread

Message 28 of 30 (3,412 Views)

All Replies

Re: Restocking jungle treasures for free

Hero
There is this older issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Employees-restock-for-free/m-p/4708404#M15328

Who is restocking for you ? You're own Sims or employees ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 30 (3,290 Views)

Re: Restocking jungle treasures for free

★★★★ Pro

Yes, but this seems to be fixed. The employee is the only one who restocks correctly. But no matter who does the work - at the end of the day when I close the shop, I keep the whole surplus without any costs.

Perhaps it's only a big glitch. I have repaired the game and will try again tomorrow. Is the retail money system working correctly for anybody else?

Message 3 of 30 (3,284 Views)

Free restocking in shop

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I played another day in my shop and looked closely at the money transactions. Only the salary of my employee was substracted when I closed the shop. When my household Sims restock mannequins, the restock cost seems to be payed back immediately - the red and green 175 $ appear on top of each other. But I have no such perk for the shop.Perhaps it has to do something with my Sims' traits - they are frugal and business-savy. Otherwise it looks exactly like this old bug:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/857613/free-restocking-bug

Message 4 of 30 (3,281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

So ... I removed my Sims 4 folder, started a new game and let the Villareal household buy a premade shop in Magnolia Promenade. The bugs remain exactly the same:

While shop is open:

Household members restock all goods except mannequin outfits -> No effect in the shop management panel 

Household members restock mannequins -> Costs (175 $) are shown correctly in the panel. But the "flying red 175 $" in the air is immediately overlapped by a "green 175 $". If your Sim has the wealth aspiration, restocking a mannequin will thus be shown as earning in his aspiration panel

Employee restocks goods -> Restocking costs are shown correctly in the shop panel

WHEN YOU CLOSE THE SHOP -> only your employee's salary is taken away from the profit. Restocking costs are shown but have no effect on the overall shop budget. When you re-open the shop the next morning, they are simply reset to 0.

While shop is closed:

Restocking by your household members is for free, no effects in the shop panel

So in my game the retail system is completely broken.

Message 5 of 30 (3,254 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Was anybody able to replicate my bug? I would like to know if am the only one and I have to search for other repair measures Standard smile 

Message 6 of 30 (3,210 Views)

Hero
It wasn't exactly the same for me but, yes, basically. That's why I changed it to [TO ADD]

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 30 (3,211 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Great, thank you!!! :eahigh_file:

Message 8 of 30 (3,206 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 30 (3,163 Views)

★★★★ Pro

New patch brought no improvement.

Message 10 of 30 (3,154 Views)